PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Latest Post Block

Pages : [1] 2

BoNfiRe
06-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Here is a nice simple one even I can do this without messing up the how to lol.

Simply replace your current adv_portal_lasttopics template with this one:

<!-- Latest Threads -->

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" class="tborder" width="100%">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat"><span class="smallfont"><strong>$vba_options[portal_blockbullet] <span class="smallfont"><strong>$vbphrase[latest_forum_topics]</strong></span></strong></span></td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tr>
<td class="$getbgrow" width="100%">
<A name="scrollingCode"></A><MARQUEE behavior="scroll" align="center" direction="up" height="220" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="20" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<if condition="$mods['modcol'] == 0">
<tr> <if condition="$vba_options['portal_threads_showicon']">
<td class="thead" width="5">&nbsp;</td>
</if>
<td class="thead" width="100%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[title_username_date]</span></td>
<if condition="$show['lastpost']">
<td align="center" class="thead" nowrap="nowrap" width="25%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[last_post]</span></td>
</if>
<td class="thead" width="15"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[replies]</span></td>
<td class="thead" width="15"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[views]</span></td>
<if condition="$vba_options['portal_threads_showforum']">
<td align="center" class="thead" width="10%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[forum]</span></td>
</if> </tr>
</if>$threadbits
</table>
</MARQUEE>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />

<!-- End Latest Threads -->

Save and done :)

rogue
06-14-2004, 02:06 PM
thx that was just what i was looking for

Our Sponsors

lee wilde
06-15-2004, 02:55 PM
That's cute, thank you :-)

AlexGURU
06-15-2004, 05:38 PM
"Scrolling Latest Post Block " - The good

Our Sponsors

mholtum
06-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Screen Shot or link?

mholtum
06-15-2004, 07:34 PM
got it.. Looks Sweet!

Ras Masta
06-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Great job man.

Chuckie
06-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Ok, now that is a nice add-on/hack.

Have a nice day!

mholtum
06-16-2004, 09:36 PM
That is sweet.. I installed it. Thanks. One question.. Is there anyway to make the module taller, in order to display more at one time?

BoNfiRe
06-17-2004, 05:44 AM
That is sweet.. I installed it. Thanks. One question.. Is there anyway to make the module taller, in order to display more at one time?

Yea that nice n ez find the following line:
<A name="scrollingCode"></A><MARQUEE behavior="scroll" align="center" direction="up" height="220" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="20" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">

In that line you can adjust how fast it scrolls in which direction, and how big it is. :)

TTG
06-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Works great but ...

Seems to pull to the left .. what needs editing to place in center

http://www.thetechguys.co.uk/

mholtum
06-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea that nice n ez find the following line:

In that line you can adjust how fast it scrolls in which direction, and how big it is. :)
Sweet thanks

Drakah
06-17-2004, 05:16 PM
That is really nice. Good Job! (Installed)

Chuckie
06-17-2004, 06:01 PM
How would you pu a space or a bar to seperate the topic titles?

mholtum
06-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Check mine out.. Http://www.ravensrealm.net it is shaded..

TTG
06-18-2004, 04:35 PM

Looks great .. would appreciate knowing how you made the subtle changes ;)

maximux1
06-18-2004, 05:19 PM

mholtum, would you mind sharing your template code? The code provided is poorly formatted and does not render well with my site - I would be greatful to use your template modification for this, please?

PM or Email me if you dont wish to step on this thread...

[email protected]

Thanks,
Max

mholtum
06-19-2004, 03:39 PM
You have mail

Chuckie
06-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey, SHare with the rest of us bro,,, lmao

mholtum
06-19-2004, 04:25 PM
:rolleyes:

GoldnGT
06-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the hack BoNFiRe!
Thanks for the customization mholtum!

Anyone figure out how to put a space inbetween each topic yet? This is the thing my members are asking for in it the most.

Thanks

Mike

03GTFL
06-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah same here, its great!! just needs a little spacing

mholtum
06-28-2004, 08:08 PM
The individual posts should alternate color shades. Why do you need a space?

Chuckie
06-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Cause I like my SPACE!!! lol j/k

Try this----

In - adv_portal_latesttopicbits

Find - and before:
<span class="smallfont"><strong>

In front of that add <br />

Find:
$vbphrase[views]</div>

After that add:
<br />

mclark2112
07-05-2004, 10:50 AM
How did you fix the wierd column thing, all my posts are pushed to the left. And there is some title bar that shows up too.

Milorad
07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
this would be a great if there were a way to make it loop without the blankness in between.

Kesomir
07-09-2004, 12:39 PM
awesome little mod.

Installed on my site. Really helps to maximise your use of space.

edit - Some of my forum members preferred being able to see at a glance what the most recent topic was etc, so I have set it back. However I did use the idea on my affiliates block.

BoNfiRe
07-11-2004, 07:52 AM
awww spoilsports lol :D

curetheitch
07-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Mine is also pulling over to the left to :(

Anyway to fix this? Was really looking forward to it :P

Mr Footlong
07-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah, with my latest posts block set on the left side instead of the default right, the text is squashed into only the left half of the block and the same other iissues are encountered as mclark2112.

Cheers,

Nick :(

Allen Mead
08-21-2004, 05:07 PM
This a cool hack!! Only thing is, it appears that it's shortened the module box??

hani
08-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Neat
Can I use it for other modules, like links or othe text areas?

Thanx

Hani

Webber
09-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Works great but ...

Seems to pull to the left .. what needs editing to place in center

http://www.thetechguys.co.uk/

I just love your forum setup.... I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this I just have a little question.

This lastest topic scroller is great except many of my members would prefer that it had a manual scroll bar like your shoutbox does.

If that can't be accomplished is there a way for the scroller to pause say like every few seconds?

nolnet
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Hello!

I copied and pasted the code as described and it only fills about 50% of the horizontal space. Any ideas? I'm using VB3.01

traderx
10-27-2004, 08:33 PM
This looks to be a great mod... I was wondering if it is at all possible for it to also display events that are in the calendar of the present day.... if it's monday it would only show calendar entries that are on that monday only?

traderx
11-20-2004, 03:47 AM
bump

boo
12-05-2004, 10:00 AM
this is great thx a million ;)

jluerken
12-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Can someone please post the original template here?

Judge Ruckus
12-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Working fine for me, thanks!

JoyB
01-19-2005, 06:13 AM
That's great - thank you very much :)

shadiguy1
01-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Below is The Original

<!-- Latest Threads -->

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" class="tborder"width="100%">
<tr>
<td <if condition="$mods['modcol'] == 1">colspan="6"</if> class="tcat"><span class="smallfont"><strong>$vba_options[portal_blockbullet] $vbphrase[latest_forum_topics]</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<if condition="$mods['modcol'] == 1">
<tr>
<if condition="$vba_options['portal_threads_showicon']">
</if>
<td class="thead" width="100%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[title_username_date]</span></td>
<td align="center" class="thead" nowrap="nowrap" width="25%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[last_post]</span></td>
</if>
<td class="thead" width="15"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[replies]</span></td>
<td class="thead" width="15"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[views]</span></td>
<td align="center" class="thead" width="10%"><span class="smallfont">$vbphrase[forum]</span></td>
</if>
</tr>
</if>
$threadbits
</table>
<br />

Allen Mead
03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I know thios is an old thread but after I upgraded my vbulletin, mine is now squashed over to the left and it gives a blue block with the text 'Title, Username, & Date'

This is the code I am using, any ideas?

<!-- Latest Threads -->

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" class="tborder" width="100%">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat"><span class="smallfont"><strong>$vba_options[portal_blockbullet] <span class="smallfont"><strong>$vbphrase[latest_forum_topics]</strong></span></strong></span></td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tr>
<A name="scrollingCode"></A><MARQUEE behavior="scroll" align="center" direction="up" height="320" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="20" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">
<if condition="$mods['modcol'] == 0">
</if>
</if>
</if> </tr>
</if>$threadbits
</table>
</MARQUEE>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />

Alderwazeh
03-26-2005, 06:12 AM
From 0>> 1 >>this is how it works with me in displaying last topic fully 100% at the module window>>>good luck
great hack :cool:

In Mohltum file change the 0 to one and it will display 100% in your module
Mohltum File

<!-- Latest Threads -->

<thead>
<tr>
</tr>
</thead>
<tr>
<A name="scrollingCode"></A><MARQUEE behavior="scroll" align="center" direction="up" height="440" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="20" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">
<if condition="$mods['modcol'] == 1">
</if>
</if>
</if> </tr>
</if>$threadbits
</table>
</MARQUEE>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />

Allen Mead
03-26-2005, 05:24 PM
From 0>> 1 >>this is how it works with me in displaying last topic fully 100% at the module window>>>good luck
great hack :cool:

Thanks, Alderwazeh, Top tip, all working properly! :cool:

Alderwazeh
03-27-2005, 05:07 AM
You are welcome Allen ..enjoy :) ;)

Milk Man
04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
cheers works fine, thanx

Webber
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone.....I love the auto scrolling of the latest topics but my community doesn't so I thought that we could meet in the middle and I could use a manual scroller ...you know like on the actual webpage that you use your mouse to scroll the page up or down... like how this code is in the scroll box in this post: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37506&postcount=42

I am using the hack described in this topic for other things but I haven't a clue how to cause my latest topics to not auto scroll but user scroll by the scroll bar.

I am fairly new to VB and I have tried everything and can't get it to work...can someone explain how I can do this or is this something that can't be done.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

altirisadmin
04-19-2005, 05:47 PM
I would love to see the manual scroller as well...if anyone can do this you would rock!

Loco Macheen
05-01-2005, 09:56 PM
nice work. iinstalled in 2 sec's works great on 3.0.7
*installs*

thank you

mawtenbiker
05-19-2005, 02:07 PM
never mind works great. thanks.