PDA

View Full Version : Branding Free

PhilMcKrackon
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled my links, redownloaded and did the same all over again but it is still showing the branding option. Also reinstalled the phrases several times. Ideas?

Thanks,

PS - I forgot to mention that I had to manually drop all the tables after uninstalling (via vbalinks_install.php) so I could reinstall. I would get an error that the tables already existed.

KW802
06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
If you've purchased a branding free option for any of the vBa products, then after the purchase has completed if you download a fresh copy of the product and re-upload all of the files (and updated your phrases from the install script) then the branding should be automatically removed.

Are you using a download zip that was from after the branding free license was purchased?

Our Sponsors

PhilMcKrackon
06-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I bought the branding free at the same time I ordered the product. I have downloaded it several times and it shows branding free in my members area for the license.

Using the freshly downloaded zip file and uninstalling, reinstalling and updating the phrases the VBA license logo is still there. It is not a problem as I am going to be working on a site for a while. This was just a FYI of my problem.

Brian
06-18-2008, 06:00 PM
My apologies for that. The copyright notice was updated in v3.0 to add 'www.' to the URL in the link, but apparently I forgot to update our products system so it would find/remove that variation of the copyright notice. That has been corrected now though, so if you will download the files from here again, upload the admincp/vbalinks_install.php file over your existing one, go to it in your browser and select the option to re-install your phrases, that will remove the copyright notice. Note you could also remove the code from the 'adv_links_footer' template if you would rather go that route.

Our Sponsors

PhilMcKrackon
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
No problem Brian, any idea why I would have need to drop the tables manually after an uninstall?

Brian
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Err, which tables? Any besides the 'adv_settings' and 'adv_settinggroups' should be dropped unless your MySQL account does not have permission to drop tables. Those two are left since they are used in all 3 of our products.

PhilMcKrackon
06-18-2008, 06:10 PM
All the adv_link tables were left, I successfully uninstalled dynamics and the tables were removed so the MySQL permissions must be OK. Maybe just a fluke? I don't know. It was easy enough to do it manually...

The new phrases worked fine and the branding is gone.

Thanks,

Brian
06-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Weird... Dropping all of the 'adv_links' tables is the first step in the Uninstall, so if there was some type of problem there that halted the script then you should have run into other problems and db errors when re-installing. I'm assuming you won't be re-installing again, but if you do and you have the same problem please let me know.