PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Style + vBadvanced?

grc
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Brian, and anyone else who is kind enough to read this, I'm not expecting a "fix" but I am curious as to whether a solution comes to mind.

When I run vBadvanced it pretty much works as expected (great program!)

When I use the Mobile Style: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228986 on my non-vBadvanced test forum it works as expected.

However, when I add the Mobile Style to my vBAdvanced powered forum I get a strange result.

The main forum page renders correctly till it comes to the place where the vBulletin forum is inserted by vBAdvanced. At that point the all links are broken because the spaces are removed from the code! "a href=" becomes "ahref=" and spaces in the link names are stripped out.

If I switch to Search Results before going to the Mobile Style, the results render correctly. It's only on Integrated pages that all links (and link names) appear with the spaces removed.

Again, I'm not really reporting it as a bug, but I wonder if this situation happens to ring a bell with anyone?

tehtide
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I've got the same issue on my forum. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Our Sponsors

Infopro
03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
IIRC, in the older version of one of the mobile themes you removed the contents of the adv_portal template and added a redirect to the forums main page. Or something like that. I'm sure you can find the posts if you search for them.

tehtide
03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
FYI... I put in a replacement variable fix ahref -> a href and that works. So whatever is stripping that out happens before the replacement variable logic.

However... now all the posts etc... have all the spaces stripped out of them. LOL. It is almost funny to try and read.

I've removed the left and right columns from showing... so that isn't the issue. It seems that all the spaces are being stripped from the html output.

Edit -
it only happens on integrated pages. Non integrated vbulletin pages work just fine.

Our Sponsors

Brian
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm not really sure how that would be happening, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be glad to take a look at things and see if I can figure out what's going on.

chopperb1
04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Im having the same issue. Did any one figure out how to correct this?

burntire
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I still have the problem also.

TeknoSounds
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm running mobile style on mine as well, but I haven't noticed a problem with links. Then again maybe I'm not looking at the problem in the right place...?