PDA

View Full Version : Manage Attachment - no Browse Option

1kether1
07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
In Dynamics, when trying to use the attachment manager, I get no button to browse my computer to find an attachment. The asset manager works fine throughout the rest of the forum.

I have tested this in the default style so it is not a styling issue. Here is how it looks in my dynamics test installation:

Here is the manager in the regular forum:

What is going on and how do I fix it? I saw there was another post about this same issue, but there was no resolution to the problem. And this looks the same in IE as well as Fire Fox.

Please help. Thank you.

Brian
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
What other plugins/hacks do you have installed?

Our Sponsors

1kether1
07-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Brian, I thought of that. I have created a new default style and disabled all plugins/hacks except for dynamics. It still show like the image I posted.

1kether1
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Any thoughts on this, Brian? I saw the same issue was posted in this thread (http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40575) here and hoped a solution was found since no more posts there after June 22.

I have this issue on the default style with all other products/ modifications disabled. I have no problem anywhere else in the forum with the attachment manager, only in Dynamics.

Thanks,
K

Our Sponsors

Brian
07-23-2010, 11:34 AM
That's the only other thread posted here that I'm aware of where someone was describing a similar issue, though that member never submitted a support ticket. If you would like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here though I'll be glad to take a look at things for you and see what's going on.

1kether1
07-23-2010, 10:20 PM
That's the only other thread posted here that I'm aware of where someone was describing a similar issue, though that member never submitted a support ticket. If you would like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here though I'll be glad to take a look at things for you and see what's going on.

Thanks Brian. I just solved the issue. Here is what is wrong and how to fix it:

When one upgrades from 3.8 to this new version of Dynamics, you must go into the Attachment Options under Modify Settings. I had a 0 in the require attachments since it said: "If you would like to require that each entry have at least a set number of attachments included, enter that number here. Otherwise, enter 0 to make attachments optional." next to the setting and people on my site submit posts without attachments sometimes. I changed the setting to require 5 attachments and the attachment manager worked. I then changed it back to 0 and the attachment manager still displays 5 upload links, but doesn't require someone to upload an attachment.

Anyway, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but since it happened to at least two people I thought I would share the solution for the next guy that comes along with the issue.