PDA

View Full Version : Installing problems

dreamshock
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
found answersw

KW802
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I tried to install a game from the game shop, it connects installs, however when I go to play the game the icon isnt there and the game never loads, please have a look
http://www.showgirlzexclusive.com/forum/arcade.php

cant get solitare or breakout to work
During the installation process, make sure your folders are writable (chmod 0777).

forumroot/admincp/games
forumroot/images/arcade
forumroot/games

With the next version (1.0.9), the following folder will also need to be writable...

forumroot/arcade/gamedata

After installation you can change the permissions back to whatever you normally keep them at (eg: 0755).

Our Sponsors

Detomah
03-05-2009, 05:39 AM
lol, 4 minutes from the point of the question being asked, to it being officially answered and for it being solved by the initial question asker...

Just an observation, but there seems to be a massive amount of people having issues with the installing and license stages of the arcade. Wouldn't it be easier to make a thread for each with all the known answers to all the possible problems with a massive sign, saying read this before asking about these issues. I'm sure it would save a heck of a lot of work all round. Or better still, wouldn't it be easier to change the install and license system completely, so that it works as easily and smoothly as vbadvanced does, cause the current one is a pain in the ass.

KW802
03-05-2009, 09:52 AM
In the ACP in the "Game Tools" menu the instructions to chmod the folders are there also.

But changes are planned as we go on. Right now we really want to get some updates available to the public and then we'll take a breather to work on updating the site a bit. Not sure yet how some of the changes will be done. For example, it'd be an overkill to have a full blown 'products' system here since the actual download of v3 Arcade is hosted at vB.org and the 'game store' is it's own stand-alone system.

Our Sponsors

hazzlenutt
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't seem to play certain games. It says I don't have any post. Will this post help me?

KW802
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I can't seem to play certain games. It says I don't have any post. Will this post help me?
You can't play certain games on your site or this site or ... ?