PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I download games?

hoodyallen
06-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I get an error message when I try to download games.

Biker_GA
06-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Have you set your forum information up for licensing purposes?

Our Sponsors

forum4
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
What does that mean?

Biker_GA
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
You need to go to this link (http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/license.php?do=edit) and input the required information. You'll also need to set the required attributes as described in the README file that came with the arcade installation.

Our Sponsors

KW802
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
What does that mean?In a nutshell...

- Click "Support" at the top of the menu and select the "Edit License" link.

- Fill in the URL to where you have the v3 Arcade installed.

- Go back to the forums (http://www.v3arcade.com/forums)

- At the top of the page you'll see the URL you just entered and a "Verify License" button. Click on the Verify License button. (Note: During the "Verify" process, guests need to be able to see the Arcade.)

- If the license verifies, you can now click "Get Games" from the top of the page or from the "Products & Services" drop-down menu.

Essentially the "Verify License" check makes sure that v3A is installed at the URL you entered and, unless a branding free license was obtained, that the logo is still present in the footer.

forum4
06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
OK, got the license info and will change attributes. :D

forum4
06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
In a nutshell...

- Click "Support" at the top of the menu and select the "Edit License" link.

- Fill in the URL to where you have the v3 Arcade installed.

- Go back to the forums (http://www.v3arcade.com/forums)

- At the top of the page you'll see the URL you just entered and a "Verify License" button. Click on the Verify License button. (Note: During the "Verify" process, guests need to be able to see the Arcade.)

- If the license verifies, you can now click "Get Games" from the top of the page or from the "Products & Services" drop-down menu.

Essentially the "Verify License" check makes sure that v3A is installed at the URL you entered and, unless a branding free license was obtained, that the logo is still present in the footer.

Hurray! Thanks for the "guests need to be able to see the Arcade" part as I was looking all over for attributes...LOL

Biker_GA
06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Attributes come into play when setting the directories on the server (using CHMOD) to 0777 so games can be written to them.

KW802
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Hurray! Thanks for the "guests need to be able to see the Arcade" part as I was looking all over for attributes...LOL
:)

Attributes come into play when setting the directories on the server (using CHMOD) to 0777 so games can be written to them.... and only during the installation process. When not installing new games, the folders can be left at a sites standard permissions.

seventhmoon
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi,

I want to download and try new games, so I clicked the "Edit License" link in Support dropdown menu but I got a "..you do not have permission to access this page." What should I do to be able to edit my license and download games from here?

Thank you. :)

seventhmoon
06-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Never mind, I got it! Silly me, I didn't see the create license link.. :D anyway, i was able to install new games, and oh, I(we) really love the games! :)

thank you!

xboxinsider
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Cant actually get onto the edit license part.... get this error.

xboxinsider, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

help?

KW802
08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
xboxinsider, I don't see any reason why your account should'nt be able to access the page.

Are you still getting that error?

presyce
09-06-2009, 01:20 PM
i also cant access the edit license page..

EDIT: nevermind... lol & thank you!! you guys are really geniuses

dlong22
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Hmmm. I also can't locate the 'Create license link' link. Any pointers appreciated.

Update: Ah, I logged out and back in, and saw it then.

Alecsmith
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Still my status is pending

It doesn't look like the URL you entered points to the Arcade on your site. If you're sure it's correct, make sure guests can view your Arcade installation and try again.

Gold Jok3
09-20-2009, 02:01 PM
I can't verify my license...

This is my forum: http://net-generation.eu/forum/arcade.php

Guest can view it.

But when I click on verify license:

It doesn't look like the URL you entered points to the Arcade on your site. If you're sure it's correct, make sure guests can view your Arcade installation and try again.

imported_Terror
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
you have got ibProArcade, not v3 ;)

Gold Jok3
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
ops, sorry xD