PDA

View Full Version : vb4?

Helmut71
10-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Are there plans do work on a vb4 version of v3 arcade?

KW802
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes. The intent is that v3 Arcade 2.0.0 will be released as "Gold" for the vB 3.8.x series and then as soon as I get my hands on the vB4 "Beta" version then I will be working on getting v3 Arcade 2.0.0 working with vB4.

Our Sponsors

bass.exe21
10-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Shouldnt it be called v4 Arcade? :P

imported_glorify
10-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Shouldnt it be called v4 Arcade? :P
touche

Our Sponsors

KW802
11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
For the foreseeable future the name will remain as "v3 Arcade" -- According to John, the original developer, the "v3" represents the third arcade platform that he developed and not necessarily related to "vBulletin 3.x.x" version number. Going with that mode of thought, then v3 Arcade 2.0.0 could be called "v3.9 Arcade" since it represents a lot of rewritten code. :p

But we do already have control of the "v4 Arcade" URLs and are redirecting them to the main site. If we do ever change the name, there is an alternate name already picked out. :)

Helmut71
01-01-2010, 10:05 AM
anything new about a vb4 version??

eliori
01-01-2010, 11:43 AM
anything new about a vb4 version??

ruven
01-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Changing the name of the arcade to V4 is not a smart idea.
You would be having to change the name each time vbulletin releases a new forum.
And the devs have said that they will be having a shorter lifetime cycle between versions than the previous devs of vb.
So you would have to buy the rights to v5arcade.com and so forth.

Might as well just stay with v3arcade name.

Revvin
01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Any progress news on makingv3arcade compatible with vb4? I've got vb4 installed and just waiting to compare ibproarcade which I have used in the past to v3arcade.

KW802
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
v3A for vB4 is being worked on. For those that may not be aware, Brian, the lead developer of v3A, is also the owner & developer of the vBadvanced family of products which means he has been quite busy working on updates for the various products.

I wish I could give an ETA for the updated version but at this point it is better to not give any kind of estimated dates because if/when those dates missed people would be even more upset.

creativeLiquid
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Any updates?

I have a doubt:
Currently, I have v1.1.1

Just upgraded to vBulletin 4.0.1

Should I download a new version?
Install something?

At the moment, I disabled v3arcade.

Thanks for all the work!
Much appreciated! :noid:

((heheh.. funny guy --> :noid: ))

Biker_GA
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
I wish I could give an ETA for the updated version but at this point it is better to not give any kind of estimated dates because if/when those dates missed people would be even more upset.

Hell, can't be any worse than the constant slippage of vB4 release dates. :rolleyes:

Any updates?

I have a doubt:
Currently, I have v1.1.1

Just upgraded to vBulletin 4.0.1

Should I download a new version?
Install something?

At the moment, I disabled v3arcade.

Thanks for all the work!
Much appreciated! :noid:

((heheh.. funny guy --> :noid: ))

Us poor folk who have already installed vB4 will just have to wait.

Detomah
02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Us poor folk who have already installed vB4 will just have to wait.

I'm not picking fault or anything, i'm just curious, but what made you, or other people who've UPDATED to vb4 already for that matter, what made you update to the latest software at the first possible opportunity? I don't get why people don't wait a while until the developers have had ample time to get rid of all the bugs and for 3rd part companies to have got all their releases in order and upto date themselves?

To me it seems a little bit like when a new DVD is released, it sells for a premium price for the first few weeks and months, then it comes right down in price. It's a well known system, yet people still rush out in their masses to buy it the day it comes out, even though they know it's gonna cost them a lot more.... Me, I much prefer to wait, I get far more pleasure knowing i've got a bargain and watching the DVD is just as enjoyable, if not more so, knowing i've not paid over the odds for it.

I just can't fathom the logic....

Sorry if I sound like i'm nagging or moaning or whatnot, i'm just curious as to why people differ like this and what the driving force is...

rootsxrocks
02-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not picking fault or anything, i'm just curious, but what made you, or other people who've UPDATED to vb4 already for that matter, what made you update to the latest software at the first possible opportunity? I don't get why people don't wait a while until the developers have had ample time to get rid of all the bugs and for 3rd part companies to have got all their releases in order and upto date themselves?

To me it seems a little bit like when a new DVD is released, it sells for a premium price for the first few weeks and months, then it comes right down in price. It's a well known system, yet people still rush out in their masses to buy it the day it comes out, even though they know it's gonna cost them a lot more.... Me, I much prefer to wait, I get far more pleasure knowing I've got a bargain and watching the DVD is just as enjoyable, if not more so, knowing i've not paid over the odds for it.

Sorry if I sound like i'm nagging or moaning or whatnot, i'm just curious as to why people differ like this and what the driving force is...
Ill tell you one reason, although I haven't installed 4.01 yet, It is because I have a competing site, that is older, and this dramatic change is my opportunity to take the lead, were anything that board does after there typical feet dragging will be seen as following my lead. and quite frankly as a new forum I feel like I am holding in the starting gate awaiting vb-credits and v3arcade. summers coming soon and I won't have time to sit and mess with it all, Me and my mods need to get used to the system so we can assist and teach others.

Detomah
02-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Ill tell you one reason, although I haven't installed 4.01 yet, It is because I have a competing site, that is older, and this dramatic change is my opportunity to take the lead, were anything that board does after there typical feet dragging will be seen as following my lead. and quite frankly as a new forum I feel like I am holding in the starting gate awaiting vb-credits and v3arcade. summers coming soon and I won't have time to sit and mess with it all, Me and my mods need to get used to the system so we can assist and teach others.

Hmmm, wouldn't have thought of that as a reason, but I can understand it, sure. Unfortunately for me, i've got so many sites out there competing, i've long since stopped looking what they are up to.

Biker_GA
02-15-2010, 11:02 AM

To me it seems a little bit like when a new DVD is released, it sells for a premium price for the first few weeks and months, then it comes right down in price. It's a well known system, yet people still rush out in their masses to buy it the day it comes out, even though they know it's gonna cost them a lot more.... Me, I much prefer to wait, I get far more pleasure knowing i've got a bargain and watching the DVD is just as enjoyable, if not more so, knowing i've not paid over the odds for it.

Primary reason? Site owner had purchased the software back when they were offering the discounted rate, and he was pushing to get it installed. And I can't really fault him for that. To make that kind of a purchase, and then allow the package to sit there and collect dust isn't something I'd like either.

I would have preferred to wait, however, with the recent trend of IB and Jelsoft to push back release dates, I was at the point to where I couldn't really justify waiting.

The work on bugs that really should have been caught in the Alpha and Beta process, complete section rewrites to support outdated and insecure browsers (IE6), and the lack of so called "innovate upgrades" kind of make me wish we'd never purchased 4.0 at all. Honestly? It should never have been released as Gold.

Joey1
02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Do hope it comes out soon for vB4, I have the 'other' Arcade installed at the moment on vB4 but like the V3 Arcade better.

KW802
02-17-2010, 07:10 PM
It's being worked on. :o I just wish every vB4 point release didn't break things from the prior point release.

Volion
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM
It's being worked on. :o I just wish every vB4 point release didn't break things from the prior point release.

Yeah, Ive been holding off on installing an arcade on our new alliance site, hopefully I can go with v3 this time.

Detomah
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM

It must be a logistical nightmare trying to get out updated addons, when the supposedly GOLD core software is so crap and in need of so many bug fixes, that it continues to breaks anything that goes near it, two maintenance packs later and probably again when 4.0.3 is released too. :mad:

I suppose the one godsend of this for me, is that while they spend so long screwing around with maintenance patches for vB4.x.x, it means at least things are nice and stable enough with vB3.8.x that it doesn't need patches rushing out, meaing less of that kind of thing for me to do at the moment.

rootsxrocks
02-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Id seriously like to get things settled more before my real day job gets busy in a few weeks.

If I were to install 4.02 can I have V3 on hold, preserving my members stats and game installs.

and install IB untill were go here?

KW802
02-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Id seriously like to get things settled more before my real day job gets busy in a few weeks.

If I were to install 4.02 can I have V3 on hold, preserving my members stats and game installs.

and install IB untill were go here?Yes, could disable the product (not uninstall, just disable) in vB 3.8.x, install vB 4.x.x, then do the v3A for vB4 upgrade, and then re-enable the product.

creativeLiquid
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes, could disable the product (not uninstall, just disable) in vB 3.8.x, install vB 4.x.x, then do the v3A for vB4 upgrade, and then re-enable the product.
Hey!!
Just making sure... is the upgrade available at the moment?
:)

Thanks for the work!! :D

KW802
02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey!!
Just making sure... is the upgrade available at the moment?
:)

Thanks for the work!! :D
http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3091

I've posted an alpha build for those access to it. After we get the known issues cleared up and are at a stable beta or RC version then I'll post a public copy as well.

creativeLiquid
02-27-2010, 04:05 AM
http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3091

I've posted an alpha build for those access to it. After we get the known issues cleared up and are at a stable beta or RC version then I'll post a public copy as well.
Super!!

Eagerly waiting over here!! :D :D