PDA

View Full Version : How do I make the homepage visible to ALL members?

JoyB
06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi all,

I've just installed the latest CMPS 2.0 and am having the exact same problem as I did when I installed version 1 - namely, that non-members can't see my home page.

I've followed the instructions from the previous fix....

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700

...but unfortunately it has had no effect. A point of note is Brian's advice to change my modules/latesttopics.php file, specifically the part that says:

FIND THE

if ($inforums)
{
$inforums = 'AND thread.forumid IN (' . $inforums . ')';
}

AND REPLACE IT WITH

if ($inforums)
{
$inforums = 'AND thread.forumid IN (' . $inforums . ')';
}
else
{
$inforums = '';
}

I can't find any reference to this bit of code. I assumed that because this was a bug with the old version it had been fixed, hence ($informs) doesn't appear in the text anywhere.

I've ensured I have the correct settings in Admin CP => Edit Pages => Default / Homepage and that looks OK. Do you have any advice on this?

Thanks for your help,

Joy :)

FightRice
06-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Are your usergroup permissions messed up maybe?

Our Sponsors

JoyB
06-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Hi

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated :)

I have two forums. My main forum has vBadvanced CMPS v1 installed and my Test Forum has vBadvanced CMPS v2 as I wanted to try out the new version before I put it on my main forum.

I have compared the settings on my main forum with my test forum. My usergroup settings and forum permissions for non-members are all set to "No" I have also checked the Usergroup settings in the vBa CMPS sections on both forums and I have specified that ALL usergroups have access (except for banned users).

I've spent hours trying to get it to work but I can't find anything obvious but it's probably something very simple.

Thanks inadvance for any help you can give me,

Milk Man
06-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Did you install it again or upgrade? also, if you changed the cmps_index.php file like i did to just index.php, you'll need to do the same again. Try reinstall the phrases and templates or re-install the cmps file.

Our Sponsors

Brian
06-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Click on the 'Quick Permissions Editor' link listed with your CMPS options in your Admin CP and make sure that your users have permission to view your homepage.

JoyB
06-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks very much for your help guys, it's appreciated :)

I've done as you've both suggested but it hasn't made any difference. If there is anything else you can suggest I'd be very grateful to you?

Thanks again,

Brian
06-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Can you post a link to the page?

JoyB
06-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Brian

This is the link to my test forum homepage: http://jeromeflynn.co.uk/testforum/forums.php

Thanks very much for your help :)

Brian
06-06-2005, 12:57 PM
You have your usergroup permissions set not to allow guests to view your forum, so that's going to affect any script that is integrated with vB.

JoyB
06-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi Brian

It's fine on my other forum. I have the usergroup permissions set not to allow guests to view my main forum but they're able to see my homepage: http://www.jeromeflynn.co.uk/vb/forums.php

I just can't seem to get it to work the same on my test forum and like I said earlier, it's probably something simple that I've over-looked.

Brian
06-07-2005, 12:06 PM
You've probably made some changes to your global.php file so that the forum permissions won't apply to the CMPS. Try copying your normal global.php file over that file on your test forum and see if that helps.

JoyB
06-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for your help Brian, it's appreciated :)

I did as you suggested but unfortunately it didn't work.

RBasil
06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your help Brian, it's appreciated :)

I did as you suggested but unfortunately it didn't work.

You must have fixed it as I visited as a guest and I can view your home page just fine.

JoyB
06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks. It's my "test forum" that I've got problems with ( http://jeromeflynn.co.uk/testforum/forums.php ) not my main forum ( http://www.jeromeflynn.co.uk/vb/forums.php ) :)

sydeburnz
06-07-2005, 11:19 PM
any headway made on this? i am having the same problem. i have looked at the edit page settings and the quick permissions page and unregistered are set to view forums.

any help is appreciated!

Brian
06-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Do you have your permissions set to allow guests to view your forum?

sydeburnz
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
cmps>>edit pages>>default homepage: unregistered/not logged in IS set to view
forums>>forum permissions>permissions quick edit: unregistered/not logged in IS set to view all but my private forums
usergroup>>forum permissions>>quick edit: unregistered/not logged in IS set to view

isnt that everywhere to change the permissions???

sydeburnz
06-09-2005, 08:38 PM
man....anyone got a fix for this? i ditched my postnuke site for vb and now i got my non-members that cannot access my events calendar. i really need to get this fixed before i do any more work. in case any of the vbadvanced people are tuning in, i will be purchasing the gallery as soon as i can get my portal to show up to guests....!

s.o.s.....

Brian
06-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Can you post a link to your site?

sydeburnz
06-09-2005, 09:42 PM
www.syde-sho.com

sydeburnz
06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
oh....geez. i finally figured it out. for others having problems, its not so obvious.

all the permissions were set correctly in usergroup>forum permissions and fourm>forum permissions and cmps>edit page>index page permissions.

if you are having problems, i now can see what everyone was saying about usergroup permissions.

go to: usergroups>>usergroup manager and hit the go button on the right hand side for unregistered / not logged in. in this page, check the box for 'can view forum'.

im sure this sounds obvious to the vetrans, but my guess is the few that are asking the same that i am, missed this one area to set the permissions.

i need a beer.

JoyB
06-10-2005, 02:43 AM
If you check the box so Unregistered/Not logged in 'can view forum' it's basically allows members to view the posts at your forum without registering - this is not what I want to happen.

At the moment I have Unregistered/Not logged in 'can view forum' set to NO yet they are still able to view my forum homepage which is what I want to happen ( http://www.jeromeflynn.co.uk/vb/forums.php )

The problem I've got is on my test forum. I have the same settings enabled as my main forum but Unregistered/Not logged aren't able to see my test forum homepage.