PDA

View Full Version : Logo Not Showing

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Everything has gone good! This is so cool accept the logo dosen't show. the path shows :

http://localhost/ToonCity/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Is their anyway to fix this. If their is I would really appreciate it and I just wanna say this is a awsome portal!

tomshawk
06-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Everything has gone good! This is so cool accept the logo dosen't show. the path shows :

http://localhost/ToonCity/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Is their anyway to fix this. If their is I would really appreciate it and I just wanna say this is a awsome portal!

Are the rest of the images on the portal working.

This happened to me too, the template added by the upgrade over writes the images paths and you have to manually fix them.

;) HTH

Our Sponsors

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes, it seems like the other images are working. So is their any way to fix them manually if their is how?

FightRice
06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I know if you run the installer you can fix image paths, Not sure if you can do it from your Main CSS settings or not

Our Sponsors

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 04:52 PM
So if I run the installer it won't mess up anything?

FightRice
06-06-2005, 05:22 PM
when you run it again, there should be an option to edit image paths i beleive, just click that one

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I just ran it but no difference the path was right. But on the portal it dosen't show and on the forum it dose! I need some help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

tomshawk
06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Can we get a link to your site?

Go into the Style Manager, and edit your style, choose "All Style Options" and scroll down to "Title Image" and hardcode the correct path there, Does it work?

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Well you see i'm doing this on my localhost. I tried your suggestion but the path is right. But its strange it works on the forum and not on the portal :(

tomshawk
06-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Well you see i'm doing this on my localhost. I tried your suggestion but the path is right. But its strange it works on the forum and not on the portal :(

Agreed, that is wierd?

Question, I had a problem like this once.

If you look at my site, click the properties of the logo, notice the URL of the link. http://www.tech-unity.com

click the link and notice the path again.

This is a hack I created, always giving me a link to the forums and homepage. The thing is, you have to put the image code in twice.

I'm wondering if maybe you set something like this up on your site.

LEAD_WEIGHT
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM

I use to have problem like that in my Style/Skin. I had to find any and all links that associated with the broken image and hard code full [url] path in each template that had that image.

Crazyducky
06-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks for your guys suggestions but my other friend helped me clear this problem :D

LEAD_WEIGHT
06-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your guys suggestions but my other friend helped me clear this problem :D

Then please post it here so others that have same problem could get the answer.
What u know he did not even care to help others if they fall in same predicament and he read my post before he left. :rolleyes: