Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgraded - home page says fatal error admin cp doens't work, but vba cp does

Default upgraded - home page says fatal error admin cp doens't work, but vba cp does

Ok, so I currently have this problem:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_portal_output() in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 35

I upgraded to 3.09 no prob and then was upgrading to 2.0 and all hell broke loose.

Right now these are the problems I'm having:

I was able to install 2.0, but when I went throug the install script there was a TON of jiberish and random letters, but at the very bottom there were still the selections to check next and continue installing. So everytime I went next I got tons of jiberish and then I had to scroll down click next etc until it finally said it was installed.

But this is my problem now

gamingvidz.com doesn't work (i'm going to throw up an index that says site down check out the forums for now)

but this is the problem I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_portal_output() in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 35

Secondly, logging into my admincp does not work. I'm unable to do it. It just displays a ton of jiberish.

But I can log into my vba cmps panel, but when I click like edit page or something it displays a ton of jiberish as well. nothing I do matters as the site is still f'ed up on the front page.

How do I fix this? I couldn't find anything remotely close to my problem by searching.

I feel like its soooo screwed up I don't even know how to fix it. Yep, that's confirmed. I officially should not have tried upgrading. I have no idea how to fix this, I'm kinda pissed off really.

Now I can login to my admin control panel, but on the landing page before you log in there's jibberish above, and once I log in, it's just complete jiberrish all over.
    Last edited by GamingVidz.com; 09-15-2005 at 07:44 AM.

Default Re: upgraded - home page says fatal error admin cp doens't work, but vba cp does

The way I see it, I completely F'ed my site and I have no idea how to fix it. So I'm basically going to be watching this thread for someone to help me out. That's why this thread is urgent.

Default Re: upgraded - home page says fatal error admin cp doens't work, but vba cp does

From the errors listed, it sounds like you didn't make the edits to global.php.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

*** Please do not contact me privately for help. Thanks. ***

As for the gibberish, try re-uploading all your files again. Sounds like some corrupted files.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

I did reupload the files, and have made changes to the global.php file like 5 times now. I did it again and this is what Is happening when I go to the forum

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/gamingvi/public_html/forum/global.php on line 569

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/gamingvi/public_html/forum/global.php on line 569

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/gamingvi/public_html/forum/global.php on line 569

You made the changes incorrectly. Start with a fresh global.php and try again.

And make sure you are using an editor like UltraEdit, and not some WYSIWYG editor like DreamWeaver or FrontPage. Those can cause problems.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

I was just using word

can notepad work?

Word!? That's even worse.

Yes, notepad should work also.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

I dled ultra edit and it doesn't say that problem anymore

but I don't have an index right now when I should I think. where my vbadvanced was installed

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 33

After I put in a new index. Like brand new after downloading, even though I'm upgrading.

When I go to: http://www.gamingvidz.com/

I get:
    Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 22

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gamingvi/public_html/index.php on line 33
    That's because you didn't edit the CMPS index.php file and put in your forum path:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

Update read above, I did that still an error

You don't have the correct path. The error still says you have specified an invalid path.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

I think it's kinda screwed up because it said to not reupload your cmps file if you are upgrading, which I am doing. So right now I just fixed the path and uploaded the file, changing the name to index.php now.

I changed the name and getting the same errors

Yeah, either way. You can upload the new one, but just make sure you edit it to include the correct forum path before you do.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

If you are getting that error, then the PATH YOU HAVE SPECIFIED IS INCORRECT. I can't emphasize this enough. Did you try the utility script that Brian attached to the FAQ thread I linked above?
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

I'm pretty sure the path is right now, but this is the current error

Sounds like you overwrote your global.php with the default vBulletin version again? You normally get that error when you haven't edited global.php.
    My Blog
    GPS Discussion Forum

So that's my current error, but my issue is that I changed the dir to this

/home/gamingvi/public_html/forum

but my vbadvanced is going to be in the root, will that matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information