Thread: Need some feedback please

Default Need some feedback please

I use a laptop here that uses a screen res of 1280X800.

I need to know how my header looks for people using normal monitors. I'm asking because I use a Header Logo and a Banner.

But the header Logo is 470 pixels wide, and the banner on the left is 468 pixels wide. Which = a total of 1038 pixels. Can you please tell me if the header is viewed OK, or if it beak your screen ot template and looks stupid because combined they are two wide for your screen res you use, or monitor size.

Please tell me what size of monitor you use and your screen res used also.
    I'm interested in people using a screen res of:

1024X768
    and
    800X600

On 15,17,19 inch monitors.
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 09-19-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Default Re: Need some feedback please

hmm I'm not sure what you exactly are talking about, cause I don't see any link and the link in your signature goes to a page with a error.

I have two comps, one uses a 17 inch and the other 19 inch and both use 1024X768 screen resolution.

Just to let you know, 1038px is way too large for a width of a regular site. The max I could say that you should go up to is 1003 or 1004 px which fully covers the 1024X768 resolution. Another thing you could do is to make your layout 100% expandable.

What is your site about if I may ask and why is it so wide?

Thanks for the reply, I had some problems were I coulkd not restore my database yesterday and had to contact my host to retore it at the end.

Yes, What I meant was. On the left side in the header I was using the Logo for the site and a banner on the right in the header. Both combined were 1038 pixels wide. So yes you were right in what you said.

I have now placed the banner with a much smaller image in the right side of the header and also reduced the size of the site logo on the left side. So in total they nowhere near are as wide now and should be fine.
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 09-21-2005 at 10:05 AM.

yeah now it's working. As for the width now, yes it's not that wide for a 1024x768, however still too big for 800x600, but again, most other sites that I visit go way beyond 800px wide, including my own.

I also looked at your gallery, some really nice fishes, this one I haven't seen before http://www.garybolton.co.uk/vb/galle...e.php?i=80&c=2, that fish is so wierd looking, lol, how big is it? I might just buy one when I get a bigger aquarium.

your homepage blocks are too wide for 1024x768 which I'm running. otherwise love the site!

yes your center blocks are wide, I think it's caused by that google adsense that you have under the login/welcome module.

I also looked at your gallery, some really nice fishes, this one I haven't seen before http://www.garybolton.co.uk/vb/galle...e.php?i=80&c=2, that fish is so wierd looking, lol, how big is it? I might just buy one when I get a bigger aquarium.
    Read this about them: http://www.garybolton.co.uk/vb/showt...light=elephant

I will change that google block and move it to the side. glad you pointed that out. That never crossed my mind
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 09-21-2005 at 07:33 PM.

I have kept the google add as a center block but changed it to a 468 wide banner instead of a 768 wide banner now. Hopefully that should have sorted out the 800 screen res problem now on the homepage without me having to use it as a side block

yup it's good now!

Thread Information