Thread: This or That ?

Question This or That ?

Hello people. Its my 1st post and forgive me, whether I make an error regarding where i posted this article.

Well, here is my question

Im a bit confused regarding, what to install in my site. vBadvanced CMPS v1.0 RC2 or vBadvanced Homepage

Theoretically, i did read the differences in the "Programs / Scripts" page.... but substantially i cannot distinguish the reasons...and dicide the one or the other installation.

So. Very simply. For which reason would you propose me, installing the one or the other script ???

Default Re: This or That ?

CMPS is a more robust vBadvanced Homepage. Easier to add Modules etc.. Go with CMPS

If you're good with PHP, or at least very comfortable with HTML, then the Homepage may be a good solution. If not, the CMPS is much easier to customize and change. If you would like to move one of the blocks in the Homepage, you would have to edit a template and move the HTML around. In the CMPS, you simply click a link to move the module to a different column, and specify the order in which you'd like it to be displayed in that column. Adding modules to the Homepage would require hacking the file to add the code. Adding modules to the CMPS only requires uploading the file, and then adding the module through the Admin CP. The CMPS also gives you more control and options when adding new pages, whereas the Homepage only allows you to replace the news section in the middle with content from a custom template.

Smile Re: This or That ?

Thanks mholtum & Brian for the replies. Got the point. Im going for CMPS

Question Re: This or That ? Me too!

I just bought vBadvanced CMPS: 0.00 Branding Free: 39.99
    But after doing so, I found anouther section of your site that had a product for $160 (i think it was). I want to rebuild out home town site at www.MyCastroValley.com and am not sure if I bouth the right stuff.

I know HTML and have some help from a friend who has installed and uses VB. This is all new to me, but I want to do everything with it adventially.

Did I buy the right product? I have 3 city websites, so I want to get off to a good start.

Please advise...and thanks! Very excited about this new stuff.

Ken O'Donnell
    www.KO-Websites.com

vBulletin is $160, but is not one of our products, so you wouldn't have seen it here. Though we don't have any products that are $160 either. All of our products do require vBulletin as a backend to run though.

What a great in information shared here. Thanks all.

Thread Information