Thread: How to get ALL custom modules created to be listed in this group?

Question How to get ALL custom modules created to be listed in this group?

Hello.

How can I get ALL 'custom modules' created to be listed in this group within the "Edit Templates"?

I created a new template, 'navbar_top' via "Add New Template" in vB v.3.0.9. It is listed under "Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates".

But, in my next 'test', when I created a new (Template) module in vba v.2.0.0 (vb 3.5.0) and added the new template code in the field, 'Template Content', the template was automatically created as "adv_portal_newtemplate" and is now listed in "Edit Templates" group, 'Custom Templates'.

Why the difference?

Can I move the 'navbar_top' template into this group listing or is this only for those templates created within vba?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to get ALL custom modules created to be listed in this group?

Only templates with the prefix adv_portal will be added to the CMPS template group.

The 'Custom Templates' group listed just above 'activateform' template belongs to CMPS?

No...

That's where the "adv_portal_newtemplate" is located vs. with the other 'adv_portal_...' templates. Weird...

The reason for this is because templates you create are not defaulted into the template system even if a known prefix exists. When a vB mod installs it's templates, part of the query 'defaults' it into the system. In the previous vB, you could run a query (well I made my own query) to make created templates "default" by changing it's styleid to -1. I haven't poked around to see if this is still doable on v3.5 or if it's even in the same fashion.

Thanks, Darnell.

At least I now know it's not some weird phenomena...

Thread Information