Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Links On Front Page Wrong

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28

    Default Links On Front Page Wrong

    I have a problem when clicking certain links on my site on the portal page. When I click on Usercp, it directs to http://www.unknownwriters.net/usercp.php when it should be http://www.unknownwriters.net/forums/usercp.php
    I have the same problem with the following buttons
    FAQ
    Memberlist
    Calender

    And I wish my "home" button when in forums would redirect to the portal and not reload the forums.
    I've looked at similar threads, and I have "http://" in front of my urls in admincp/vboptions/site name/url/contact

  2. #2
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,467

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Default Settings

    Copy the filenames listed in your Navbar Replacements option over to your Header Replacements option.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    it worked, thanks again

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    wat should i put in that section im lost...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Thanks, it fixed my problem as well.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    To Lil - copy the contents of the 'Navbar Replacements' list box into the blank 'Header Replacements' list box. Fix worked for me as well.

    To the vBadvanced guys : I think you need to change your default install guys! Everybody seems to be falling over this one on vB3.5.0, it worked fine on my vB3.0.x boards.

    Cheers

    Keith L

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    thanks alot got it working

  8. #8

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Default Settings

    Copy the filenames listed in your Navbar Replacements option over to your Header Replacements option.
    EDIT: I did the above copy/paste work, and it still isn't fixing my problem. Please read below.
    I'm sorta having the same issue.

    I'll just use this thread instead of starting another since his question was resolved.

    I've updated my portal, and ever since I upgraded to 3.5vb I've had nothing but issues. Including the portal.

    Now my portal is redirecting to my other site somehow, and I have no clue on how to fix it. I've uninstalled completely countless times in the last 2 weeks and still can't fix the problem.

    http://forum.ohioscions.com Look at the forum portal page, and mouseover the buttons, notice how some are fine, most are redirecting to another site of mine somehow?? http://midwestscions.com

    If someone can help me I'll graciously $$$$$ donate.

    I appreciate your time in advance, and need to continue to enjoy my vB. I'm just extremely frustrated and cannot locate the problem.


    Dave

  9. #9

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    I would suggest that the path to your forum in the /includes/config.php file is incorrect and is pointing to your midwest scions site, rather than the ohio scions site.

    I would check the path to the correct subdomain and ensure it is the same in /includes/config.php.

    I am guessing you manually added the 'Forum' and 'Portal' links in your navigation bar (as these are not indigenous to vBa CMPS or vBulletin) which is why they are correct. As all the other links (which are indigenous) are wrong, I can only imagine it is the forum path which is causing the problems.
    Last edited by Rob Locke; 10-25-2005 at 06:37 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Locke
    I would suggest that the path to your forum in the /includes/config.php file is incorrect and is pointing to your midwest scions site, rather than the ohio scions site.

    I would check the path to the correct subdomain and ensure it is the same in /includes/config.php.

    I am guessing you manually added the 'Forum' and 'Portal' links in your navigation bar (as these are not indigenous to vBa CMPS or vBulletin) which is why they are correct. As all the other links (which are indigenous) are wrong, I can only imagine it is the forum path which is causing the problems.

    I checked both sites' config file:

    PHP Code:
    $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/THISwasCORRECT/public_html/forum'
    The other site is the same, and both are correct.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    My apologies, I should have mentioned the path to your forum in the cmps index page. This is originally called cmps_index.php, although it looks like you have renamed it 'portal.php'. Open that, find and check the following:
    PHP Code:
    // ============================================
    // Enter the full path to your forum here
    // Example: /home/vbadvanced/public_html/forum
    // ============================================

    chdir('/home/yourpath/public_html/forum'); 
    Just replace the RED with the correct path to the Ohio Scions forum.

    REMEMBER THAT YOUR OHIO SCIONS FORUM IS A SUBDOMAIN. This means the path in the cmps index file will be different to what you suggested in the last post. I notice that you have an installation on midwestscions.com/forum - if your cmps file is pointing to '/home/THISwasCORRECT/public_html/forum' then this is what is causing the problem!

    As Ohio Scions is a subdomain, the path will probably be something like /home/yoursite/subdomains/yourforum/public_html.

    That should do the trick, as it will pull all the relevant info from the correct forum.
    Last edited by Rob Locke; 10-25-2005 at 09:14 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Locke
    My apologies, I should have mentioned the path to your forum in the cmps index page. This is originally called cmps_index.php, although it looks like you have renamed it 'portal.php'. Open that, find and check the following:
    PHP Code:
    // ============================================
    // Enter the full path to your forum here
    // Example: /home/vbadvanced/public_html/forum
    // ============================================

    chdir('/home/yourpath/public_html/forum'); 
    Just replace the RED with the correct path to the Ohio Scions forum.

    REMEMBER THAT YOUR OHIO SCIONS FORUM IS A SUBDOMAIN. This means the path in the cmps index file will be different to what you suggested in the last post. I notice that you have an installation on midwestscions.com/forum - if your cmps file is pointing to '/home/THISwasCORRECT/public_html/forum' then this is what is causing the problem!

    As Ohio Scions is a subdomain, the path will probably be something like /home/yoursite/subdomains/yourforum/public_html.

    That should do the trick, as it will pull all the relevant info from the correct forum.
    Nope, this didn't work either.

    It's showing redirects on certain areas of the portal page, and not all. The subdomain has been this way for over a year now with no previous problem until I upgraded to 3.5 heh.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Without being able to look around your configuration, it's hard to say then. The portal has to be drawing its information from the wrong forum.

    I would open a support ticket, where you can securely enter all your login and ftp details. The vBadvanced team should be able to get you up and running.

  14. #14
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,467

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Where exactly are you having this problem? I just viewed your source and searched it for 'midwestscions.com', but that text doesn't appear anywhere.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    I can confirm this problem. There is definitely something wrong in your install.

    All the links are showimg up properly on the page except for in the navbar.

    I have checked the paths and they are correct.

    I have added the links (full URL) to the header and navbar replacements.

    They don't work.

  16. #16
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,467

    Default Re: Links On Front Page Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by vB Martin
    I have added the links (full URL) to the header and navbar replacements.
    That would be why then. Only the filenames should be listed in that section, not the full URL. The script then uses those filenames and prefixes them with your forum's URL.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Navbar Links Wrong - Admin/Mod links
    By Wren in forum Troubleshooting & Problems
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 05:26 AM
  2. NavBar links don't work on front page, only in forums
    By GamingVidz.com in forum Troubleshooting & Problems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
  4. wrong links
    By daemom in forum "How Do I..." Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 03:17 PM
  5. Front-end editing of links with quotes in title
    By Shon in forum Troubleshooting & Problems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •