Thread: Round and round we go!

Default Round and round we go!

Damned I don't know where to look next, Im on v3.5 with vBa 2.x and I have to say, there seems to be either some very frustrating bugs or the settings are just creating circular runarounds. In any case I can't seem to get a fully functional page going beyond the default page (which has its own ideas)

The front end login just doesn't work (yes I read and tried all the threads)

The navigation menu is somewhat posessed - lol if you clock a subpage link when already on the page it pops me out to the forums.

The news module seems to display news, well... whenever its in the mood - hehe. I can setup and display some news in the default homepage but only in the first forum I choose, if I try to change it, it has no effect and keeps showing the news from the same (first selection) forum.

If I create a new page, I can get the news module to display content but the moment I touch anything in the module display settings the news won't publish and won't return regardless of the changes I make.

Well thats my complaint for the week, I don't like to pile a bunch in one thread but I figured I would be better to lay it all out in case someone else had similar experiences with some advice.

Default Re: Round and round we go!

Okay for the news, I have isolated the problem down to subforums. If I select a 2 level subforum it won't display it. if I come up one level it will work as advertised.

Another update:
    It would seem as though the problem is the no. of post counter.
    If you choose 0 (none display) instead of display all
    if you choose a no. that is even or higher than the total post count in your forum, the news will not display.

In case anyone shared similar frustrations

And some more (last time)

News Archive vs News...
    Something very odd here, if I choose news alone, I get no news no matter what. If I select news archive along with the news I get news (or is it achiving?) either one one does not work without the other. Additionally turning off archiving in any way will result in - no news as well.

Donno if this helps but I figured it was worth posting about.

Strange that you would be having problems like this... Would you rather just submit a support ticket so I can have a look at things myself? I'm thinking that might be easier in the long run for the both of us.

Talking Re: Round and round we go!

Okay sure.

For the record. I have fixed the erronous login to homepage problem. This is not in reference to the form login code found in the welcome panel but a direct permission problem for closed pages.

The problem presented itself like this:
    url > http://www.mysite.com (homepage)

Standard error login form, login crudentials, login > "wrong path to login.php"

Solution, edit standard_error_template and replace:
    Code:
    action="login.php" method="post"
    with
    Code:
    action="{$vbulletin->options[bburl]}/login.php" method="post"
    Perhaps this will helps someone else out there, even though my thread title makes absolutely no reference to the problem

Thread Information