Thread: can't update images.

Default can't update images.

don't know why....
    but both cmps (and gallery -- i know i know...I gotta post at PP...but the issue the exact same)....
    HANG and then get a page not found error when I try updating images.

the FIRST page of the update loads, but when I click save it goes to the processign page....loads up to about 33% then hangs. and then get page not found. I've tried on different computers, even in different countries!! on different days.. but the result is the same: It won't go passed the first page for images updates (haven't tried other updates either actually, but images definitely not workin anymore)

I'm running 3.5.1 (soon to upgrade to 3.5.2).
    Last edited by Kseki; 12-07-2005 at 03:05 AM.

Default Re: can't update images.

Sounds like your server is having a problem with the code that's used to try and determine the image paths. You can try looking in your install file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    $perpage 50
    And change the 50 there to a lower number so that it won't have to process that many at a time. If that doesn't help then you can always manually edit your smilies, icons, and style images to include the full URL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Sounds like your server is having a problem with the code that's used to try and determine the image paths. You can try looking in your install file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    $perpage 50
    And change the 50 there to a lower number so that it won't have to process that many at a time. If that doesn't help then you can always manually edit your smilies, icons, and style images to include the full URL.
    that seems to have done the trick! THANKS!!

(soooo glad I didn't have to go in and edit manually. )

Quote Originally Posted by Kseki
    that seems to have done the trick! THANKS!!

(soooo glad I didn't have to go in and edit manually. )
    crap!! spoke to soon. now I made a few pages in...but then it crapped out again. I even brought it down to load only 3!! images at a time...and it still dies here when loading this page:

http://www.MYSITE.com/forums/admincp...s&pagenumber=1

it really doesn't like the style updated. it went through 300+ smilies fine. anyway otherway to push it along?

so what does "manual edit images" mean anyway? the update installed doen't even load (after several pages in) so where would I edit paths?
    Last edited by Kseki; 12-09-2005 at 09:30 AM.

How many styles do you have on your site? IIRC, the perpage variable won't affect the styles section, so it may just be that your server can't cope with the code that updates those. Fortunatly though, that is the easiest place to update manually. Just go to your Admin CP => Style Manager => {select style} => All Style Options. Once there, scroll down to the 'Image Paths' section and you should just be able to add '/forum/' (assuming you have vB installed in a directory called 'forum') in front of each path to take care of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    How many styles do you have on your site? IIRC, the perpage variable won't affect the styles section, so it may just be that your server can't cope with the code that updates those. Fortunatly though, that is the easiest place to update manually. Just go to your Admin CP => Style Manager => {select style} => All Style Options. Once there, scroll down to the 'Image Paths' section and you should just be able to add '/forum/' (assuming you have vB installed in a directory called 'forum') in front of each path to take care of the problem.

yah...apparently.... tooo many skins.

but editing it directly did it.
    THANKS!!!

I have a similar problem
    Trying to install vba on a site with one style and none of the style images show when it gets to the style section, and hangs up on this line

admincp/vbacmps_install.php?do=doimages&type=styleimages&pagenumber=1

suggestions?
    thanks
    --==Join our friendly Entrepreneurs Forum ==--
    Web Developer for hire
    Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Have you tried the suggestions from our FAQ?
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/faq....trouble_images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Have you tried the suggestions from our FAQ?
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/faq....trouble_images
    Hi Brian,
    I did actually, but none of the results seemed the same as the issue I was having.
    I just reloaded the install, and everything appeared to be okay.
    --==Join our friendly Entrepreneurs Forum ==--
    Web Developer for hire
    Online Marketing Tools and Articles

I'm installing this on a sandbox, prepping to go live with VBA on my big board, and I'm running into the same problem.

Although the logs seem to indicate that it's running afoul of mod_security. Is there a way to skip this step in the process?

You can skip the last part of updating your images if you would like, though of course you may have to manually update the paths afterward.

Thread Information