Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: [Module] Customizable RSS feed module

Default Re: [Module] Customizable RSS feed module

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M
    Ah, I thought you'd coded around it in the module somehow.
    oh no...im not a coder..heh.

A bug fix dealing with qualified data when using fancy formatting has been uploaded to the first post.

If you don't use both of these features then there's no need to upgrade.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

Wow! That was incredibly easy and worked perfectly! I am brand new to both vbulletin and vbadvanced, having installed both only yesterday. So, I've been confused about nearly everything, but this was a breeze. Many, many thanks. In fact, to thank you, I will head off to make a donation right now.

Easy is the only way to go! Glad you liked it.

Got the following error:

Code:
    Warning: file_get_contents(feed://feeds.feedburner.com/mlgpwncast): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /modules/rss_cmps2.php on line 157

Warning: file_get_contents(feed://feeds.feedburner.com/mlgpwncast): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /modules/rss_cmps2.php on line 217

Warning: file_get_contents(feed://feeds.feedburner.com/mlgpwncast): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /modules/rss_cmps2.php on line 217

I know its the holidays, and I know you're busy but if you're willing to help me whenever you get a chance I'd very much appreciate it!

Changing the url from

Code:
    feed://feeds.feedburner.com/mlgpwncast
    to
    Code:
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/mlgpwncast
    Merry Christmas

PS: if the url doesn't work in a browser it won't work in the script. I got errors using 'feed:' in both FF and IE.
    Last edited by Tom M; 12-24-2005 at 09:31 PM.
    Tom Morris

http://www.sgurl.org/ (check on right "Gallery Latest" when portal loads for your rss feed mod) which comes from here as i say on 50% shows...

-A

Quote Originally Posted by alicat
    http://www.sgurl.org/ (check on right "Gallery Latest" when portal loads for your rss feed mod) which comes from here as i say on 50% shows...

-A
    Since you need to be a registered member to see the gallery content there's not much I can do.
    Tom Morris

Well the rss module is displayed to unregistered members, also unregistered members can view the gallery (thumbs only) i dont think a registration (which you can do simply) would acheive much here, unless im wrong, please clarify...

-A

I tried this just now and the rss feed supplied via the link is working for me. The image is there in its entirety but the cell it's in is too wide. In this case it appears the problem has more to do with the HTML in the feed than the module used to display it.
    Tom Morris

I'm getting no love on this...the module isn't even showing up. I have vb3.5 and vbacmps 2.0. The module is set to active, but it just doesn't appear. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I don't know what...

Quote Originally Posted by euangel
    I'm getting no love on this...the module isn't even showing up. I have vb3.5 and vbacmps 2.0. The module is set to active, but it just doesn't appear. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I don't know what...
    I know it's an obvious question but did you make sure it was checked to show on the page which you're expecting to see it? I know I've had that happen to me on occasion. Also, what's the url of the feed and I'll be happy to check it out as well.
    Tom Morris

Thanks...that was the problem. Now I'm getting this error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/broncosfreak.com/rsscache/feeds.feedburner.com-orangeandblue.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \modules\rss_cmps2.php on line 158
    I assume I either have the wrong path or that directory isn't world writeable...waiting to hear back from my host on the issue...

Okay...I got the above to work...now I'm trying to add another stream and getting the get_contents error:

Warning: file_get_contents( http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/rss.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument in \modules\rss_cmps2.php on line 157
    I think the feed is valid as both my feed reader and my browser have no trouble with it...

Oops...had a couple of spaces in front of the feed...

Quote Originally Posted by euangel
    I think the feed is valid as both my feed reader and my browser have no trouble with it...
    I know what's wrong, just not why it's happening. It'll take a bit for me to track it down.
    Tom Morris

Okay, so here's the starnge thing...I can't get two feeds to work.

I had a module working in the center column (feed A) using this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/orangeandblue. Then, I copied that module, gave it a new name, designated it for the right column, and entered the Yahoo feed above (feed b).

Once I do that, the feed A module disappears, but feed b appears in the right column but still using the feed from feed A. Feed A is still shown as active in the ACP, but it doesn't appear on the home page. If I delete feed B, then it disappears, but Feed A still doesn't appear.

Did you follow that?

My head hurts from reading that

EDIT: deleted patch as file has been updated in first post.
    Last edited by Tom M; 12-29-2005 at 03:04 AM. Reason: files updated
    Tom Morris

If you think it's something you'll have sorted soon, I'll just wait for the update, because I haven't rolled out this feature publicly yet anyway.

New files (rssfeed.module and rss_cmps2.php) have been uploaded to the first post.

12/28/2005
    1. Fixed a bug when the closing </image> tag had other tags following it.

To update replace the rss_cmps2.php file or uninstall and reinstall the module.
    Tom Morris

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread Information