Thread: Problem with skins

Default Problem with skins

Hello,
    I am working with a client and came across a problem while installing the skin i designed for them. If you take a look at http://www.pokerimestari.com it doesn't match http://www.pokerimestari.com/forums in any way. I tried changing the default style via admincp, changing it in options, etc. However, nothing seems to work. Is this a problem in your code source or is it a problem on my client's side with the installation of the hack?

Default Re: Problem with skins

Try turning off vbseo and checking it again. Not sure if thats the problem but its the only thing I can think of off hand since cmps is pretty simple to install and its working for everyone else in the world but your client.

http://www.pokerimestari.com/index.php?styleid=3 "should" force the front page to use that particular style id just like the forums do but if you click on the link and take a look at the source, you will see its still using styleid=1 (default).

Thank you, however, that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by gio~logist
    Hello,
    I am working with a client and came across a problem while installing the skin i designed for them. If you take a look at http://www.pokerimestari.com it doesn't match http://www.pokerimestari.com/forums in any way. I tried changing the default style via admincp, changing it in options, etc. However, nothing seems to work. Is this a problem in your code source or is it a problem on my client's side with the installation of the hack?
    In your CMPS pages make sure that the style selected says "Use Default Style" and not just "Default Style" -- The former will use whatever style the user has chosen (or is defaulted to) while the latter will force CMPS to use a particular style (in this case the default vB style).

Quote Originally Posted by KW802
    In your CMPS pages make sure that the style selected says "Use Default Style" and not just "Default Style" -- The former will use whatever style the user has chosen (or is defaulted to) while the latter will force CMPS to use a particular style (in this case the default vB style).

I tried selecting every possible skin and still nothing changes.

Whats happened there is you have installed vBadvanced first, then installed the skin later on. This means you new skin will not have the vBadvanced templates in that syle. If you expand the default templates (vb default) you will see that lists vba templates, if you expand your new skin you will see there are no vba templates listed.

What you need to do it manually copy each vba template and create it in the new skin you just installed. One by one to get around it. So you finish up with the same set of vba templates in the new skin that are listed in the vb default.

Really what you should do is export the vb default skin as another name other name. Then import that back as a new skin again using the new name you just exported it as. Then create your new skin from that second one you just imported that will have all the vba templates intact the same as the vb default (basiclly it will be a duplicate), by changing the colours etc in the styles menu
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 12-26-2005 at 11:47 PM.

Here is what you should do:

Choose the option to download a skin, then download the default skin (but change the name from Default to another name), that you download it as.

Then choose the option to upload a skin, and choose the one you just downloaded.

Because you downloaded it with a new name other than Default, it will not overwrite your default skin and instead install it as a second skin with the name you gave it. It will be a duplicate of the default with all the vBa templates there. Then just alter that skins colours to suit you in that skin
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 12-26-2005 at 11:55 PM.

All of the adv_ templates have been installed and still nothing :-/ All of your help is appreciated. However, i am still seeking a solution.

Just try this: Download the default sytle and rename it from "Default Style" to "Custom Style" in the name box before you download it.

Then upload that same skin and you should have another skin installed called "Custom".

Then try changing a colour on that custom skin and check your portal page using it. You should then see the changes
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 12-27-2005 at 12:03 AM.

This still didn't work.

You must be doing something wrong becuase that does work, I can have a new skin installed to alter in seconds using that method. So you just make a deplcate of the the vb default skin with all the templates intact, saves as a new skin name.

Then just upload it as a new skin to change the colours and create a new look template. If thats not working there must be other issues then.

Out of interest, are all the vBa templates listed as Custom templates in the default skin. Or do they have there own category which there listed under like the FORUM HOME teplates has sub templates in it. Because if there listed a Custom templates that might be a problem. But they shouldn't be listed as custon templates though if you installed vBa like it says
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 12-27-2005 at 12:14 AM.

Feel free to take a look yourself.

i always make all new styles child styles of the default.
    Fighting For Peace, Is Like Screwing For Virginity

ok, I see you have a few new vba templates classed as custom. What you really should do it go into your Myphpadmin and change the ID from "1" to "-1" on them templates to get rid of all custom templates. That will make them go into the vba template category with them rest of the other templates for starters. As they won't be classed as default templates to export with the default style I would have thought.

He is how I then would do it.

If you know how to export the default style to create a new style from, then upload it as a new template set. I really am not sure whats wrong. But I would get rid of them Custom templates by changing the ID from 1 to -1 in the templates in Myphpadmin
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 12-27-2005 at 12:28 AM.

I tried everything from making the default style so that you can't select it this way it doesn't show, downloading and uploading the default as a different a namd and changing things, etc. Nothing works.

Now the default skin is somehow retarded too. Look at the bottom of the page, there is a big blue area and a duplicate of the ad banners. www.pokerimestari.com

I removed the right_column product and got rid of the duplicates. But that didn't help in anyway getting the custom skin there...

Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Edit Pages => Default / Homepage => Custom Style for this Page

Make sure that option is set to 'Use Default Style' and not 'Default Style'. If that still doesn't work, please submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here and I'll take a look at things for you.

Got it working!!! Thanks mate!

Thread Information