Thread: BUG? : customized templates with product value vBadvanced not exported

Default BUG? : customized templates with product value vBadvanced not exported

I started with a clean install of vB 3.5.2 and then installed vBadvanced.

Then I exported the unedited Default Style to a backup file. Then I imported that style to Create a New Style, Custom Style 1 (no parent style).

After editing a few adv_portal_ templates in Custom Style 1, I exported it, then imported that to Create a New Style, Custom Style 2 (no parent style).

In the newly imported/created Custom Style 2, I was missing my edits 7 to out of 14 adv_portal_ templates:

adv_portal_navigation *
    adv_portal_navigation_bits *
    adv_portal_poll *
    adv_portal_polloption *
    adv_portal_polloption_multiple *
    adv_portal_pollresult *
    adv_portal_search *

I had edited all these in Custom Style 1, but they were not exported and therefore the templates in Custom Style 2 reverted to defaults. 7 other edited adv_portal_ templates from Custom Style 1 were exported and imported normally.

I tried various combinations of options in the Style Download/Upload process, including "Get customizations made in this style and all parent styles" and "Ignore Style Version" but there was no change, the above 7 templates still did not export.

I have tracked the problem down to the product field in the template table. The adv_portal_ templates with product set to 'vBadvanced' DO NOT EXPORT.

Customized templates with an empty value or 'vBulletin' for the product field export and import normally.

In my case, the following edited templates had an empty value and exported normally:

adv_portal
    adv_portal_buddylistbits
    adv_portal_latesttopicbits
    adv_portal_module_shell
    adv_portal_newsbits
    adv_portal_onlineusers
    adv_portal_welcomeblock

My current workaround to allow normal export of my customized templates is to manually set the template database product fields to empty values.

I can't see any other way to adjust the product field within the vB admin control panel.

In the Style Download section, there is a pulldown option for product, but vBadvanced does not show up in the list.

I'm not sure if this is a vBulletin bug, a vBadvanced bug or simply something I'm doing wrong.

Let me know if there is another way to ensure all my customized templates are exported without manually editing the database template product fields.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Marris; 01-01-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: BUG? : customized templates with product value vBadvanced not exported

You in debug mode?
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Default Re: BUG? : customized templates with product value vBadvanced not exported

Quote Originally Posted by Zachery
    You in debug mode?
    No.

Thats your problem.
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachery
    Thats your problem.
    I enabled debug mode and ran some tests.

Debug mode still did not export adv_portal_ templates with the product field value 'vBadvanced'.

Debug Mode did not display vBadvanced as an option in the Style Download 'Product' options.

I decided to start from square one in debug mode. So, I tried exporting my original unedited default style while in Debug Mode, then imported and created new Custom Style 1. Then I edited adv_portal_poll and exported Custom Style 1. I imported that and created a new Custom Style 2. My customization to adv_portal_poll was not exported nor imported into Custom Style 2. The entire process was done in Debug Mode, but there was no change from my experience in the first post.

Debug mode did enable me to see and export the Master Style, but if I export that, then I get the full set of old customized styles rather than being able to create an incremental Custom Style X.

Debug Mode seems to have no effect on the product field and no effect on which templates are not exported.

There must be something else I'm missing. I'm not sure why only certain of the adv_portal_ templates have the product as 'vBadvanced' while others have a blank field. I'm not sure what debug mode was supposed to change in the template editing, export and import process, but it doesn't seem to have worked any differently than non-debug mode with the problematic templates.

My edited standard vBulletin templates, in addition to my newly created non-vBadvanced templates all export and import normally, regardless of debug mode.

Apparently, I'm the only one experiencing the inability to export certain adv_portal_ templates, so I guess there must be something else wrong with my setup.

Anyway, my workaround (manually editing the database product fields) seems to be allowing me to export all my custom templates as expected.

I'll have to look into this some more to see if there's another/better work around, but for right now I believe changing that field is going to be the only way to download them. Unfortunatly the product name will be staying the same in future versions though since vB deletes any templates that have vbulletin entered for that field and aren't default templates during an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    I'll have to look into this some more to see if there's another/better work around, but for right now I believe changing that field is going to be the only way to download them. Unfortunatly the product name will be staying the same in future versions though since vB deletes any templates that have vbulletin entered for that field and aren't default templates during an upgrade.
    Ok, thanks.

The odd thing is that after importing and exporting a default install, some of the edited adv_portal_ templates already have blank product fields. These include:

adv_portal
    adv_portal_buddylistbits
    adv_portal_latesttopicbits
    adv_portal_module_shell
    adv_portal_newsbits
    adv_portal_onlineusers
    adv_portal_welcomeblock

I haven't customized all the adv_portal_ templates so I'm not sure which of the remaining ones will have 'vBadvanced' as the product and which will be blank.

Just on a whim, I looked at Admin CP > Plugin System > Product Manager. There is no entry for vBadvanced, since vBadvanced has its' own installer. Perhaps if vBadvanced was registered as a 'Product' in the Plugin System, then I could select vBadvanced in the product options when Downloading Styles.
    Last edited by Marris; 01-02-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Thread Information