Thread: Kick Butt Job

Default Kick Butt Job

Huys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the assistance, We got our site up and running and have been integrating and customized out site. CMPS makes it more user friendly in order to customize the portal and the rest of the site with Custom pages.

Check out our site:

www.FlyFishermanForum.com

Here are a couple Examples of our Custom Pages:

http://www.flyfishermanforum.com/index.php?page=review
    http://www.flyfishermanforum.com/ind...age=newsletter

Thanks again guys.

Any place we can donate for this great product?
    Last edited by JayMorr; 06-22-2004 at 02:26 PM.

Default Re: Kick Butt Job

Looks great Bud.. But this one needs some work http://www.flyfishermanforum.com/ind...age=newsletter

pretty cool customization, but your pages aren't entirely compatible with other browsers or different resolutions.

in firefox(0.8 and 0.9) the first column takes up the whole page in each of your links. in opera things look okay except the newsletter images don't all appear. and in ie things look okay except in the newsletter with a maximized window and a desktop res of 1280x1024, but anything less and it gets goofy - the right column goes under the images. so, it won't appear correctly with lower res or a smaller window.
    Last edited by wasser; 06-21-2004 at 05:53 PM.

So does anyone here have any solutions on making the pages friendly on "all" browsers then?
    Because it looks absolutely fine in IE....it's the same problem I'm having with my CMPS and firefox...I finally just gave up since I couldn't get any solutions and put a disclaimer saying that it's best viewed in IE...90% of my viewers were IE anyway but I like firefox..Suggestions?

http://www.flyfishermanforum.com/in...page=newsletter Does need some work...
    Last edited by DarknessDivine; 06-21-2004 at 06:48 PM.
    vBACMPS, Gallery user and Fan!!!
    Come talk about the best dog breed in the world @
    BoxerTalk!

Jaymorr, my friend, you have done a kickass job. And I have beed happy to help you. But, that newsletter page is whacked. I am not sure why. James has sent me a screeny, and ikt looks fine. I cant get it to display right in the latest ver of IE on my box. Weird. We will need to work on it. email me your template code, I will see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessDivine
    So does anyone here have any solutions on making the pages friendly on "all" browsers then?
    Because it looks absolutely fine in IE....it's the same problem I'm having with my CMPS and firefox...I finally just gave up since I couldn't get any solutions and put a disclaimer saying that it's best viewed in IE...90% of my viewers were IE anyway but I like firefox..Suggestions?
    the problem isn't in cmps. it's in the code. i use firefox as my main browser. i have two sites using vba cmps and they appear just fine in all three browsers. the problem is in how each one handles things slightly differently. the only thing you can do is go in there and search for what may be wrong as mholtum said. i'd suggest creating a child style of the one that's messed up. fool around with it there and then apply the corrections to the parent style once you find the problem.

I think I know..someone told me they tested my page and found 367 error at wc3 or someplace..so basically I suck..lol..
    BoxerTalk!

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessDivine
    I think I know..someone told me they tested my page and found 367 error at wc3 or someplace..so basically I suck..lol..
    I dont think so, as mine is whacked as well.. Maybe we both suck?

lol..I dunno..but I can't figure out what would be messed up since the templates for all my custom modules were gotten from here? I think it has something to do with my links I've added. ?!?
    BoxerTalk!

My Navigation module blows it all to hell..

The main issue with the newsletter page is that the code is from MS Publisher, and it doesnt want to work inside the table row. so we decided to keep it in its HTML format and not integrate it.

we will have to try out the other browsers and do some testing with those as well.

Firefox and Mozilla I know of. any others I should check out?

ie and firefox/moz are the two biggest for my sites. i do have a few regulars who use opera, konqueror(linux) and safari(mac).

EEEK! I broke it again!

I really like this layout! I'd love to have my board layed out like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMorr View Post
    Huys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the assistance, We got our site up and running and have been integrating and customized out site. CMPS makes it more user friendly in order to customize the portal and the rest of the site with Custom pages.

Check out our site:

www.FlyFishermanForum.com
    Cher

Thread Information