Thread: currentpoll.php dateline problem - only 0 in date cutoff works for some users?

Arrow currentpoll.php dateline problem - only 0 in date cutoff works for some users?

Hey,

I could not find this bug, I'd be very surprised if no one posted this before me as it almost makes the poll unusable.

Many members (though not every one - i can't reproduce it myself i can only reproduce it on others who have the issue)) gets the following problem:

If the dateline is set to anything other than 0 (30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc...) they get this error when attempting to view the portal:

Invalid SQL:

PHP Code:
                SELECT thread.pollidopenthreadidreplycountforumidquestionpoll.datelineoptionsvotesactivenumberoptionstimeoutmultiplevoters, public , voteoption
                FROM poll 
    AS poll
                INNER JOIN thread 
    AS thread USING (pollid)

LEFT JOIN pollvote AS pollvote ON (pollvote.pollid poll.pollid AND pollvote.userid 20101)

WHERE open <> 10 AND visible AND active 1

AND thread.dateline 1131382802AND thread.postuserid NOT IN(2302,22171)

AND 
    thread.forumid NOT IN(8,25,36,18,19)

ORDER BY poll.dateline DESC
    I have changed every single option in there to isolate what was causing it (changing to random instead of date created and played with EVERY other option in that section), and everything works when I set date cutoff to 0 but NEVER when it's moved to 30, 60, 90, etc. That's the common factor in making the page not work for those users. Perhaps its not working because currentpoll.php sticks the dateline right up against the word "AND" which is not correct right? As in the error above, AND should be seperate no? Did I find something?

Help!
    Last edited by Alien; 02-05-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Default Re: currentpoll.php dateline problem - only 0 in date cutoff works for some users?

Looks like a small problem with the dateline limit when a user has members on their ignore list, or you have some tachy'd users. If you'll look in your modules/currentpoll.php file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    iif($ignusers'AND thread.postuserid NOT IN(' $ignusers ')') . 
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    iif($ignusers' AND thread.postuserid NOT IN(' $ignusers ')') . 
    Then that should take care of the problem. The download package here has also been updated to add this change.

Default Re: currentpoll.php dateline problem - only 0 in date cutoff works for some users?

Thank you SO much as always for your tireless efforts, Brian!

I'll give that a shot this evening!

Thread Information