Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Add MORE columns to vBadvanced

Hello!!

I want to do this in mi vbadvance homepage:

hope someone can help me im a little noob on this

спасибо/thanks

so i want to make sure that i have this figured out properly. the way for me to add say a single row above all 3 other columns would be to create a module that opens the row and one that closes it. i would then put the first module at the top of the left module. then place any modules i want to display in that row (say a single banner type module) and then put my last module in that last row after that?

Quote Originally Posted by FockerFGAA View Post
    so i want to make sure that i have this figured out properly. the way for me to add say a single row above all 3 other columns would be to create a module that opens the row and one that closes it. i would then put the first module at the top of the left module. then place any modules i want to display in that row (say a single banner type module) and then put my last module in that last row after that?
    When you start doing more than adding a single row or column or want a complex layout it's really much better to create the locations and then manually edit the adv_portal template to put the code in for multiple module positions.

SHADOWDANCER --------- Looks to me for your space at the top, that you might need to add a valign="top" inside the <table block and if that doesn't work, put it in the cell that the gucci image was sitting in. I think its centering the image vertically instead of bumping everything tight to the top like it should be.

Or its your cellpadding or cellborder that might be thick.

As for your footer, I think either you are not CLOSING the entire big table, so the footer is just falling into that spot. Hard to tell not knowing exactly how you built. The following comment to "EVERYONE ELSE" might apply for you too......................

DIMAGE, FOCKER, and EVERYONE ELSE........... just to clarify, if you decide you want any of these blocks to apply the full width, you MUST build everything within the CENTER column. You can no longer have anything in your LEFT or RIGHT column. You must create those Left and Right columns manually with the same concept I talk about in this thread. Because if you don't, additional column code restrictions get tossed in by vBadvanced templates that you have no control over. So to avoid that, you just don't use them at all and you create the columns yourself.

DIMAGE, this especially applies to you. You must follow the previous posts and do everything in the CENTER column. Do not use vBadvanced's left and right columns. Its going to get confusing, so I recommend printing out that map/image you posted and give each cell and every invisible piece a unique name so that you can easily see where your at if you ever have to trouble shoot something. What you want is very complicated yet can easily be done if you move slow and don't try to build it all in one shot. Build a chunk, make sure that works, then continue forward.

Would someone please be so kind and tell me step by step how I can add the above shown red row under my left/center/right columns?

vBadvanced is totally rebuilt now. I'm assuming you are using the latest version? And if you are, I'm not sure how to answer you. I haven't taken the time to sort out the new version. Not sure if any of the instructions on here will still work as well.

MortysTW, no, I haven't updated since I got vBadvanced a couple of years ago. If you, or anyone else, could help, it would be highly appreciated.

Problem solved. I found my solution here: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...93&postcount=4

It took only few minutes to implement.

Cool.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information