Thread: you have entered a valid URL

Default you have entered a valid URL

I am getting the problem that others have mentioned in in VB 3.0 versions on this site.

I upgraded to 3.5 yesterday and not when ever I add a link I get "The URL you entered is not valid. Please make sure that you have entered a valid URL.". It worked before I upgraded my VB. I downloaded the proper version last night for 3.5 and copied the proper files to there location I added the proper edits to my PHP file for for VBALinks and ran the upgrade and it said I had the latest version and I reinstalled the templates and phrases and I still get the same error when trying to add a link. I have it set in the link ADMINCP so that it verifies new links and I would like to keep it that way. I know the verify links work because I went into my links ADMINCP and went into maintenance and did a Verify Link and it did verify the link without a problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

Default Re: you have entered a valid URL

I have been playing around with this problem I am having some more. I am able to add links but for some reason it will not let me add this link http://geocities.com/cvatclub/. The link works and is active but it tell me "The URL you entered is not valid. Please make sure that you have entered a valid URL.". Like I said I am able to add other links but not this one.

For one reason or another your server can't verify the remote URL. Have you tried a SSH trace route to see if the path is followed?

I did a trace route on my server on http://geocities.com and it came back good. So I don't know what to do know. I still can not add anything with http://geocities.com.

Any more ideas?

Here is a little more on this. It will not add any links for yahoo either. But that is most likely because geocities is own by yahoo. It seems to be the server but I got a good trace route. I was able to get it working on one of my other servers though a different company that is not a dedicated server, but I can not get it working on my dedicated server.

So is there any ideas why I can add links to everything but geocities and yahoo?

Thread Information