Thread: How do I display a specific thread on a page?

Question How do I display a specific thread on a page?

What I want to do is display a specific thread on a specific page. I have over 100 different pages of specific content, and I want a unique thread to correspond to each of these pages. I tried copying the news module to make a test module, and then editing that test module to show a specific thread, but the changes are also applied to my main news module.

Is there a way to have separate news modules, each with their own threads displayed? One messy workaround might be to copy the news.php file 100 times and give each a unique name, but that seems rather excessive.

Perhaps the news module is also not exactly the right kind of module for what I want. I want the entire thread to be displayed, including all of the replies, and I see the news module does not do this.

Would it be easier to simply embed the thread I want in an inline frame, or make a new template module that just displays a specific thread?

Default Re: How do I display a specific thread on a page?

I copied mine, and they work great. If they change the origian, try changing it back, and see if that helps. That's what I had to do.

Default Re: How do I display a specific thread on a page?

I hypothesized the reason my copied news module did not work is because I tried to use both the main news and the copied one on the same page. After creating a new page with just the news module, it displays the thread I want while the original page keeps the news threads.

I would now like to know if it is at all possible to display the replies to the thread instead of just the first post in the thread.

I wonder if I can do this in order to display a page of YouTube or MP3 Files using AME 2.5.5 since I can't seem to get them integrated into the CMPS or Dynamics themselves...

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Thread Information