Thread: Oh no...

Default Oh no...

I was running vb 3.0.7 and the old link directory
    well I updated to 3.6.3 and when I try to go to my links page I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: construct_login_code() in /home/metalee5/public_html/blastology/includes/functions_links.php on line 795

Help
    thanks

Default Re: Oh no...

Did you also upgrade your CMPS to the vB 3.6.x version?

Yes, and I can't see anything on my CMPS.

Help please

Help Please!!!!!!!!!

O.K. now I got the CMPS to work but ALL my old sponsor mods are GONE!!! And my Links directory still has this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: construct_login_code() in /home/metalee5/public_html/blastology/includes/functions_links.php on line 795

Can someone please help?

"Sponsor mods" -- Is that a module downloaded from here or something?

For Links, same question... did you upgrade Links also to the vB 3.6.x version?

No I did not upgrade links directory and someone told me my sponsor mods would be O.K. with the upgrade. Now they do NOT work.
    Does the old link directory not work with 3.6.3? Sorry if this hasbeen answered a million times. My forums were running in perfect condition until this.

Thanks

We made the sponsor templates in version 3.0.7 of vbulletin
    Last edited by Nephalim; 11-14-2006 at 12:04 PM. Reason: mods

Quote Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
    No I did not upgrade links directory and someone told me my sponsor mods would be O.K. with the upgrade. Now they do NOT work.
    Does the old link directory not work with 3.6.3? Sorry if this hasbeen answered a million times. My forums were running in perfect condition until this.

Thanks

We made the sponsor templates in version 3.0.7 of vbulletin
    vBa Links would also need to be upgraded to the current version. When vBulletin went from the vB 3.0.x to the vB 3.5.x & vB 3.6.x code bases there were a lot of changes that broke most 3rd party applications that intergrated with vB; that included all of the vBa products. Updated versions of CMPS and Links are needed when upgrading from vB 3.0.x to vB 3.5/6.x & above.

If the sponsors module is just a template, please let us know how exactly it's now working now and we'll try to see what needs to be done. Is it not displaying correctly? Not displaying at all? Is there any PHP code in it that is now giving an error? For custom modules it's hard to say what the problem might be without seeing neither the code nor the error.

How much is it to upgrade my links directory? I submitted a ticket hours ago. I know you are very busy, but I gave ALL my info on the ticket and have heard nothing. The sponsor ads were in templates. They show in the CMPS admin page but do not show on my site.
    Thanks
    Is there a number I can call? I'd like to get this fixed soon due to tour scheduling.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
    How much is it to upgrade my links directory? I submitted a ticket hours ago. I know you are very busy, but I gave ALL my info on the ticket and have heard nothing. The sponsor ads were in templates. They show in the CMPS admin page but do not show on my site.
    Thanks
    Is there a number I can call? I'd like to get this fixed soon due to tour scheduling.

Thanks
    For Links, all purchases include one free year of upgrades. Just go to the front page and then in the upper left hand click on "Members' Area" to access to the customers area to view your licenses. From there you can either download the current version if your license is current or renew your license (and then download) if your license has expired.

For the Help Desk Ticket with the custom module, as soon as one of us has the oppurtunity to take a look at it we will. In the interim you can just disable the module so that at least the rest of your CMPS pages load fine.

O.K. I updated my license for my links. Can't upload any banners into it and yes. The banner folder is chmod'd to 777. Also how many days does it take to get a ticket even replied to? It's been over 9 hrs. for my CMPS to get looked at and not a single we will get to it or sorry we're swamped. NOTHING!!!
    Quite unprofessional.

Good morning, will someone be able to LOOK at my ticket I opened yesterday morning today?

Thanks

Hello Gentlemen. Will someone please look into my ticket today? I was told it would be O.K. to upgrade my CMPS and my modules would be O.K.

well they're gone, any help guys? It's been 2 days. I paid for the links and did it myself and it works.

Thanks

Normally support tickets are answered within 24 hours. I was away for most of the day yesterday and did not have a chance to look at support tickets then, but will be handling those shortly. I'm certaily sorry you feel that is "unprofessional", but considering the price that you paid for the products, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Post Re: Oh no...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Normally support tickets are answered within 24 hours. I was away for most of the day yesterday and did not have a chance to look at support tickets then, but will be handling those shortly. I'm certaily sorry you feel that is "unprofessional", but considering the price that you paid for the products, I don't think that's unreasonable.
    I'm not replying about the prices. Your products are great. It's the fact that I was told to go ahead with my upgrade "All will be O.K."
    And it's not, then I was told to make a ticket. Which I did. And I didn't hear a word from no one from Vbadvance. I e-mailed numerous times and NO replies.
    That is what I said was unPro. I run a studio and if I tell a client to do this and that and I'll fix it. And they pay me, then do what I tell them to do and I don't respond...... That client will give me holy hell and it'll put a bad rep on my studio.

Basically I just need fixing what I reported in my ticket to you about

Thanks and keep up the great work guys!

Thread Information