Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version

Default Re: [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version

Work correctly with VbAdvanced 3.0.1 and Vbulletin 3.7.0?

Yes, it does. I have installed this module with vBulletin 3.7.0 and vBa 3.0.1, and it works fine !

Thanks for this module.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for .

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Griffith View Post
    ok, I sorted it without any php notion (found the solution elsewhere, on a topic for a different php-based product).

Here is the vB 3.7 compatible .php file. Whoever opened this thread can put this on first page.
    THANK YOU for posting this! I've been fighting this problem for the past two days. This really needs to be updated in the original post.

Thanks for a great module!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    There's no easy way to do this the way it's currently implemented. You can, however, create multiple modules and each module can specify a different calendar. From there you can implement a number of different ways for users to access their specific calendar (using conditionals within modified templates is one such way).
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidkevin View Post
    I have a request for this.. or maybe it is possible with a few template hacks?

At the bottom of the event list I want to have a drop-down box where a user can select a different calendar. Such as regional: Nevada, California, and Arizona. When the user picks a different calendar it will default to that one every time they visit the page from then on. Is this possible ?
    just so everyone knows - i had a hack for this mod to allow for multiple calendars (worked on vb3.5)
    we've since upgraded to 3.7 - and we might work on it again.

....unless *tom* you feel like bringing out an update that will allow for multiple id's in the calendar form field via adminCP - ie: 5,6,7,14

ALSO - i'll be making an addon hack that will allow for check box and drop down options to help view calendar events.
    features will include:
    - option to run AJAX/non-AJAX live refresh with chosen criteria
    - unlimited search criterias:
    - dependencies and parent criterias
    - adminCP setup, enter criterias, choose check box, text input, dropdown, or radio.
    - event tags & owner updates

it's all on partial paper at the moment, and i'm still playing with a client's vb3.7.0, so i'll have it ready in a few weeks.

Hi Tom, are there any issues with admin defined holidays? Everything but that display fine.
    For admin defined, it displays the date, the double arrow, but no text
    Real useful and Cool vBulletin addons

never mind ... I just saw that post
    $phrasegroups = array('holiday');
    Real useful and Cool vBulletin addons

Question for Tom,
    How does this module handle multiple events on the same day in the same calendar? I have it installed and it is working, except it seems to only want to show one entry per day. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMastr1968 View Post
    Question for Tom,
    How does this module handle multiple events on the same day in the same calendar? I have it installed and it is working, except it seems to only want to show one entry per day. Thoughts?
    All of the events should be displayed so long as the viewer has permissions to see each event. Do all the events show up on the FORUMHOME page?
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

All of the events should be displayed so long as the viewer has permissions to see each event. Do all the events show up on the FORUMHOME page?
    I'm not sure yet, they were created in the future, by me, so I would assume that I have permissions to see it (and I'll have to wait to see if they show up at the bottom of the forum home page on the day in question). Another member of this board had created a weekly re-occurring event and they all show up, so I thought it was just something about the way I created this particular multi-day event. So I tried just a single day event on Friday and it showed up in upcomming events. So then, as a test, I created an entry for a day that has one of these re-occuring events and it didn't show up again - still only seems to display one event per day, even if there are more than one event shown in the calendar on that particular day... Is it someting about the calendar??

There is a limit that can be set for the TOTAL number of events to show. But it's impact is on the total number (i.e. limit to 5 events regardless of how many days).

The other thing is that there is a value that sets how far in the future to look and this also interacts with the vb value for how many days to show on the FORUMHOME page. That is, if the vb value is set to 5 and the module value is set to 30 you still won't look further than 5 days into the future.

The best recommendation is to make sure things show up properly on the FORUMHOME page first because if they don't show there then they certainly won't show in the module.
    Tom Morris

The other thing is that there is a value that sets how far in the future to look and this also interacts with the vb value for how many days to show on the FORUMHOME page. That is, if the vb value is set to 5 and the module value is set to 30 you still won't look further than 5 days into the future.
    Thanks Tom, that was it... The vBulletin settings were set to show 1 day. It threw me off that it was showing these upcoming repeating events, but perhaps because that recurring event is considered as one day - not sure. At any rate, it's working like it should....thanks again.
    Last edited by ZenMastr1968; 07-28-2008 at 05:35 PM.

i have events, but the module dont let them show? What's wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DawnJW View Post
    i have events, but the module dont let them show? What's wrong!!!
    Custom style? Do they show on your FORUMHOME page? Module permissions?

As always, a link would also be helpful.
    Tom Morris

default VB Style, Permissions good. it says:

No events scheduled in
    the next 30 days.

But in my Calendar is :
    Single, All Day Event Single, All Day Event
    Ranged Event Ranged Event
    Two birthdays

What can be wrong then?

I still need a link to see this as that will also help a great deal.

What it says in tha Calendar isn't too important. What shows up on your FORUMHOME page? By default I seem to remember that vb only looks 1 day ahead for events so you might look there as well (it's in the vb options settings) if this is a new install.
    Tom Morris

I still need a link to see this as that will also help a great deal.

What it says in tha Calendar isn't too important. What shows up on your FORUMHOME page? By default I seem to remember that vb only looks 1 day ahead for events so you might look there as well (it's in the vb options settings) if this is a new install.
    Worked, but how can i disable it on the normal forum now and only let it display at the portal?

Worked, but how can i disable it on the normal forum now and only let it display at the portal?
    Hello?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. Are you seeking to not have upcoming events show on the FORUMHOME page?
    Tom Morris

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. Are you seeking to not have upcoming events show on the FORUMHOME page?
    Yes exactlly!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information