Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version

Default Re: [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Well then, do you have a link so I can take a look?

Are you saying that the events show up on the FORUMHOME page? How far in advance are the events that show vs. how many days lookahead for the events calendar?

I'm also willing to help out if you want to PM me with ACP access info.
    I have both set to thirty days .. but I mean nothing shows up not a thing not even teh box that shows "no events"

none of the modules I upload show up I must be doing something wrong ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole_chilli View Post
    I have both set to thirty days .. but I mean nothing shows up not a thing not even teh box that shows "no events"

none of the modules I upload show up I must be doing something wrong ...
    If none of your modules show up then they probably aren't marked to show on the home page. You can verify this by doing "Edit Page" in the CMPS settings section of the ACP.

Modules need to be marked as Active in the module AND marked to show for each page they are to appear on. They also need to have the correct permissions set (i.e. if Registered User isn't selected then they won't be able to see the module).
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

If none of your modules show up then they probably aren't marked to show on the home page. You can verify this by doing "Edit Page" in the CMPS settings section of the ACP.

Modules need to be marked as Active in the module AND marked to show for each page they are to appear on. They also need to have the correct permissions set (i.e. if Registered User isn't selected then they won't be able to see the module).
    Come on now I deserve more credit than that . I have installed several things in the past I know to check that stuff . and the only ones that don't show are the ones that I upload through the upload function in the ACP .

Sh5.org is the link and I have probably got it screwed from trying to make it work though another option

Come on now I deserve more credit than that . I have installed several things in the past I know to check that stuff . and the only ones that don't show are the ones that I upload through the upload function in the ACP .

Sh5.org is the link and I have probably got it screwed from trying to make it work though another option
    Since you are running custom styles it may be that the required templates are simply missing from specified style. It's easy enough to check and if that's the case simply copy them to the styles they need to be in.
    Tom Morris

Is there any reason this would not show up on the cmps_index page? I installed it, and i think properly, but it isn't showing up where it is suppose to. Permissions set to "yes" for all...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Is there any reason this would not show up on the cmps_index page? I installed it, and i think properly, but it isn't showing up where it is suppose to. Permissions set to "yes" for all...
    Please provide a link...

Make sure it is set to display on the default page.

If you are using a custom style make sure the templates were loaded to that style.

There are lots of other reasons it might not show but without a link to the page it makes it really hard
    Tom Morris

The first issue is that when I visit the Forum home page I don't see any events listed there either. If events don't show on the FORUMHOME page they won't show up in the module either. I don't see any events listed in the Calendar either.
    Tom Morris

my events are at the top and I had them set so guests couldn't see them. fixed now.

Click the "Home" link on the top left nav bar to view vbadvanced. It just shows a colon above the table and says Upcoming Events.

my events are at the top and I had them set so guests couldn't see them. fixed now.

Click the "Home" link on the top left nav bar to view vbadvanced. It just shows a colon above the table and says Upcoming Events.
    The problem is most likely the templates used by the module aren't loaded into your custom style. If you copy them from the default style to your custom style things should work.
    Tom Morris

I tried to reinstall it and now nothing shows up again, not even the title. Permissions are all checked.

I noticed adv_portal_todaysevents,adv_portal_upcomingevents as the templates, but I don't have a todaysevents template on default or regular style. Doesn't exist. Tried to reimport, still doesn't load that. Could this be my problem? upcomingevents is there

I tried to reinstall it and now nothing shows up again, not even the title. Permissions are all checked.

I noticed adv_portal_todaysevents,adv_portal_upcomingevents as the templates, but I don't have a todaysevents template on default or regular style. Doesn't exist. Tried to reimport, still doesn't load that. Could this be my problem? upcomingevents is there
    You don't want to reinstall it, simply copy the templates to your custom style. If you want help PM me the ACP login info and I'll get it going.
    Tom Morris

PMed thanks

PMed thanks
    I looked around and didn't see anything obviously wrong. However when I placed the default versions of the templates into the default style things worked properly. When I used what appeared to be your modified version of the templates it didn't work so it looks like you have an error somewhere in your modified version of the template(s).
    Tom Morris

Since you are running custom styles it may be that the required templates are simply missing from specified style. It's easy enough to check and if that's the case simply copy them to the styles they need to be in.
    I hate this ..

I know the templates are there , I Installed on that skin they are only there on that skin . I have re done the templates several times trying to get it to work I wouldn't come her to ask if it was templates I already checked that

I hate this ..

I know the templates are there , I Installed on that skin they are only there on that skin . I have re done the templates several times trying to get it to work I wouldn't come her to ask if it was templates I already checked that
    If you'd like to PM me the ACP login info I'll be happy to take a look at things for you to see what's going on.
    Tom Morris

I've installed it, but it says there are no upcoming events. We have events on the default calander scheduled.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by scootertgm View Post
    I've installed it, but it says there are no upcoming events. We have events on the default calander scheduled.

Any ideas?
    Not without seeing a link so I can take a look at things. You might also read through the other suggestions if you haven't done so already.
    Tom Morris

Sorry

www.raf74.net

I just checked and the vents are not showing up in teh forum home. Noting what you said earlier, I think this is the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by scootertgm; 02-07-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scootertgm View Post
    Sorry

www.raf74.net

I just checked and the vents are not showing up in teh forum home. Noting what you said earlier, I think this is the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you for your patience.
    Check to make sure you have enough days look-ahead for the forumhome page. I think it's only 1 day by default.
    Tom Morris

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread Information