Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    In the module settings there's a value for Events Event Days in the bottom section that should be set the same as the VB value. It has a default but I don't recall if it's 10 days or not.

Looking closer it seems like your trouble may be that you didn't import the module but actually just copied the php file. If that's the case you really need to import the file using the .module file as that sets everything up as far as all the values and control fields. The pho file was supplied separately as a way to upgrade for folks that had already installed an earlier version.

So... delete what you have and then import the module using the .module file. The resulting php file should wind up being the same as what was supplied separately.
    okay, I didn't know that... lol. Shows how much I know about adding modules. I guess I was used to putting back the original modules where you don't need to do that. Thanks for that. it's working now but I came across a different problem.

The holidays are not actually listing on the front page of the site. The events are showing but not the holidays. Labor day to be specific. Unregistered users can see the holidays on the calendar but the module isn't actually typing them out.

Where should I look in the settings to make sure it's able to show on the front page. It shows to non logged in users viewing the calendar.

BTW: when I was looking at it the default days seems to have defaulted to what the forum had been set to, 30 days for me. I have since changed both settings to 45 days. With a max of 14 events to be shown on the module.

Also, thank you for correcting my not knowing self.
    Last edited by jjrambo; 07-30-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Did you also do this part of the installation?

11/26/06
    Corrected a problem when dealing with admin-defined Holidays. Only the php file was changed so that's all the needs to be uploaded. To display holidays it is necessary to modify the CMPS index.php file by adding the portion in red. If you already have phrasegroups listed then simply add it to them.

PHP Code:
    $phrasegroups = array('holiday'); 
    Last edited by Tom M; 07-30-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Did you also do this part of the installation?

11/26/06
    Corrected a problem when dealing with admin-defined Holidays. Only the php file was changed so that's all the needs to be uploaded. To display holidays it is necessary to modify the CMPS index.php file by adding the portion in red. If you already have phrasegroups listed then simply add it to them.

PHP Code:
    $phrasegroups = array('holiday'); 
    okay, I see what you did there...

I will have to go in and mod that later today, Thanks so much for your help. If these mods will help me increase my forum traffic I will be sure to come back and make a donation to you. Thanks again.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread Information