Thread: Manual Link Optimization...

Hybrid View

Default Manual Link Optimization...

Well, I know this will probably be disregarded but I will try my best to explain it so maybe, just maybe, it will catch somebody's eye...

I'm going to be using my "Link Moderators" for not only moderating the links that come in, but also updating keywords and descriptions for each link. I think it would be rather difficult to keep up with the links that this has been done to. So, my idea would be to add check box for link moderators and up that says "Optimized" when edited or submitting a link. When the link moderator or administrator optimizes the link, they would check that box and it would display (only for them) maybe next to the link's name in each listing of the links.

Default Re: Manual Link Optimization...

Hmm... I was thinking of adding something similar to vBulletin's 'Moderator Notes / Thread Summary' option that would keep track of when a link was modified and etc. Maybe that could be used and your moderators could add notes to the link when they modify them?

Default Re: Manual Link Optimization...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Hmm... I was thinking of adding something similar to vBulletin's 'Moderator Notes / Thread Summary' option that would keep track of when a link was modified and etc. Maybe that could be used and your moderators could add notes to the link when they modify them?
    That is actually a better idea and would allow for a more broad range of actions to be documented.

Maybe add a "Last note by:" thing or something with a truncated reason\note for certain usergroups as a permission or something
    Last edited by Shon; 07-19-2004 at 03:59 PM.

Thread Information