Thread: Installed vBadvanced today, now my forum running very slow?

Angry Installed vBadvanced today, now my forum running very slow?

I just finished installing vBadvanced. But, every since i installed it, now my forum is running very slowly, taking as much as 10 seconds to view a new thread.

Can someone tell me a solution? Otherwise can someone tell me how to safely uninstall vBadvanced without affecting my previous 3.6 installation of vBulletin?

Angry Re: vBadvanced CMPS 2.2.1 won't uninstall

I am having the same problem!

I had just installed vBadvanced today and was experiencing delays on all my pages, by as much as 15 seconds, with 10 seconds being the average.

So i ran the uninstall and it didnt work, it still shows in my admin panel. So i ran it a second time and its still there?

Everything on my site is running 10 seconds slow now. Loading the main forum page, empty forum pages, new threads, admin panel etc. all are taking a minimum of 10 seconds to load since i installed vBadvanced.

Default Re: Installed vBadvanced today, now my forum running very slow?

Well i tried the uninstall process from the installation page. It didnt work. I tried it three more times and it still didnt work.

So i finally resolved this by manually deleting each of the files that were uploaded. This finally removed vBadvanced from the admin panel.

But, now my forum is still running very slowly ever since i had installed vBadvanced.

It used to take less than 1 second to load my forum pages, due to me not having much content. Now it takes those same pages a minimum of 10 seconds to load. Even an empty forum takes 10 seconds to load with some pages taking 15 seconds or more. My regular sight runs fine as does my Joomla site. Its only affecting my vBulletin forum and it started immediately upon completing the installation of vBadvanced.

Anyone have ideas to resolve?

What version of CMPS installed on what version of vBulletin? What error(s) did you get when you ran the vbacmps_install.php script and choose the uninstall option?

Quote Originally Posted by KW802 View Post
    What version of CMPS installed on what version of vBulletin? What error(s) did you get when you ran the vbacmps_install.php script and choose the uninstall option?

I am using 3.6.4 vBulletin and i installed the 2.2.1 vBadvanced

My average forum speed was about 1 second to load any page. After installing vBadvanced it then took an no less than 10 seconds to load any pages with some pages taking as long as 15 seconds.

I did the uninstall, went through the process ok and gave me a message saying it had been successfully uninstalled and given me an option to reinstall or access admin panel. I connected to admin panel and the CMPS still showed up as an option. The only thing the uninstall did was make the CMPS panel links (ie. add module, etc) to not work anymore, they would just link to a page not found error. But, the pages were still on my webserver.

Anyways, i deleted the files manually and that removed the CMPS from admin panel. But, i still had the 10 second slowness.

So i then ran vBulletin repairs. doing table and thread and all the other repairs and update counts etc. That seems to have reduced the problems to an average of 3 second delays with accessing pages. but still not the same as it was before.

I ran ping and tracert and both came back as good. Server host says nothing wrong on their end.

There's no way the CMPS would cause the rest of your forum pages to run slow since no code for the CMPS is executed on any of those pages.

Unless the uninstall script doesn't remove ANY of the changes it adds to the database. And since some ppl dont realize uninstall doesnt work all the time, if they reinstall they keep adding indexes.

I have the same config. 3.6.4 with 2.2.1 vBadvanced and the uninstall ain't working. All the tables are still there and also the indexes.

Is there a way to manually remove everything the install did on the database?

What tables exactly did it not remove? It leaves the adv_setting and adv_settinggroup tables since those are used in other vBa products, but it should remove the rest. And there shouldn't be any way that extra table indexes would be added as there is a check before each one is added to make sure that it has not been added before.
    If you really want to manually remove the database changes then you could do that by manually running each query in the uninstall part of the install file, but there's quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Unless the uninstall script doesn't remove ANY of the changes it adds to the database. And since some ppl dont realize uninstall doesnt work all the time, if they reinstall they keep adding indexes.

I have the same config. 3.6.4 with 2.2.1 vBadvanced and the uninstall ain't working. All the tables are still there and also the indexes.

Is there a way to manually remove everything the install did on the database?
    Again, did you receive an error message during the uninstall or any other kind of indicator that something went wrong?

Non whatsoever. Uninstall went smooth. No error messages, yet I still have the 3 indexes (I clearly read it said it removed all those indexes). I had to manually drop them all.

Code:
    ALTER TABLE user DROP INDEX posts
    ALTER TABLE thread DROP INDEX lastpost
    ALTER TABLE post ADD INDEX dateline
    I'm not at home right now, but as soon as I get there, I'll let you know what else I got left from the Uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What tables exactly did it not remove? It leaves the adv_setting and adv_settinggroup tables since those are used in other vBa products, but it should remove the rest. And there shouldn't be any way that extra table indexes would be added as there is a check before each one is added to make sure that it has not been added before.
    If you really want to manually remove the database changes then you could do that by manually running each query in the uninstall part of the install file, but there's quite a few.
    And how delete adv_setting and adv_settinggroup tables ?
    Only manually ?

Yes, those would have to be removed manually.

Ok, I got this stuff left:

2 tables:
    adv_setting
    vb_adv_settinggroup

3 indexes:
    (posts) IN user
    (lastpost) IN thread
    (dateline) IN post

154 registers in phrases table:
    SELECT * FROM `phrase` WHERE product = 'adv_cmps'

13 registers in templates table:
    templateid = .panel, .panelsurround, .tcat, .thead, imgdir_attach and so on.

Those last 13 registers in the templates table make reinstalling take a lot longer for some reason. If I dont delete those, Updating image path takes like 30 minutes instead of seconds.

As you see, there's quite some stuff left in the DB eventho the uninstall script says everything was removed.

PD: Also, uninstall won't undo the "Update your image paths". You have to do that manually if you want everything the way it was before the installation.
    Last edited by Devile; 01-23-2007 at 12:38 PM.

The 2 tables are left there intentionally. They are used in all vBa products, and leaving them there after an uninstall won't affect anything.

The indexes I really have no clue about right now. As long as you followed through the steps in the uninstall and it said they were removed, then they should be. Of course you can always run some manual queries to drop them though.

For the phrases, it looks like there might be a small bug in the install file that's preventing them from being removed. Of course you can run a query to drop all phrases with 'adv_cmps' as the product. Or, look in the install file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    kill_phrase($phrase['varname'], $phrase['ptype']); 
    Replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    kill_phrase(); 
    And that should fix that problem.

As for the 13 templates, the ones you listed are default vBulletin templates used for your image paths. If an image path is updated though, then it inserts a new entry to the databse for those. We don't change the image paths back during the uninstall since there's not really a way to tell if the user already had the full path before installing the CMPS.
    In most cases, updating the images paths should take less time if the full path is already entered. Something in your server settings could affect that so that it takes longer though. If the paths are already updated though then it's not necessary to continue through that step.

Thread Information