Thread: Direct Link Complaints ********

Question Direct Link Complaints ********

Hello and Happy New Year to Everyone,

The good news is that I've had over 200 new links added by Guests and Members over the past couple weeks.

The bad news is that I've had a few people tell me that I would be getting a lot more links being added if the link was a direct link, ie' http://www.abadvanced.com and not what is actually happening http://www.webbinzine.com/links/show...vbadvanced.com. (this is just an example). But you can see the difference.

I realize that having the link like this allows it to go through a redirect page and most likely allow statistics to be registered, but is there a way to accomplish this and allow the link to be a direct link?

vblinks directory 1.0.1. in use.

Thank You,

Nuguru
    WebbinZine.com

Default Re: Direct Link Complaints ********

Just curious... what are the reasons why they are saying that the directly link would be better?

I'm curious to know how the direct link would be better as well.

As you said though, linking directly to the site would disable the ability to keep track of the number of hits each of your links get. If you don't mind that, you could always edit your 'ADV_PORTAL_SHOWLINK' template and change the link there so it just points straight to the web site.

Question Re: Direct Link Complaints ********

Hello,

Site owners are obviously tying to increase PR (page rank) and without the direct links, its not helping them. I believe that is their main concern in regards to direct links.

Okay, so it is possible to provide a direct link as you mentioned, but we would loose the stats page for each link which is not good. Is there another way to do this so just the link itself is direct, but there is still the option to showlink details if they choose that option?

Thank You,

Nuguru
    WebbinZine.com

Not really, since there's no way to record the hit without pointing it to another file that records the hit and then redirects.

Thread Information