Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual Connections

Cool Spiritual Connections

vBadvanced is running at www.spiritual-connections.com , now.

Wink Re: Spiritual Connections

Wow, love the colors and the header, looks like you put a lot of hard work into this cmps!! Almost hippyish... I like it...
    vBACMPS, Gallery user and Fan!!!
    Come talk about the best dog breed in the world @
    BoxerTalk!

Default Re: Spiritual Connections

Looks nice but I've got to ask about the template..... I thought that that particular design was a one-off custom job for a different site?

Default aliensoup.com

www.aliensoup.com originally I believe - the template is excellent hope you are related or they gave you permission, such a distinctive style, colours and top quality graphics - I'd be peed if I were them and no perms were given.

if you are one and the same then top job, one of the best I've seen and I've looked at hundreds now

Default Re: aliensoup.com

Quote Originally Posted by mismatch
    www.aliensoup.com originally I believe - the template is excellent hope you are related or they gave you permission, such a distinctive style, colours and top quality graphics - I'd be peed if I were them and no perms were given.

if you are one and the same then top job, one of the best I've seen and I've looked at hundreds now
    Yep. I didn't name the other site in order to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt. When I was looking around at getting some work done I actually ended up talking (well, emailing) with the design team who did the work on Alien Soup and so I was quite surprised to see that template being used some place else.

Heck, if you look at the source for www.spiritual-connections.com it's still hard-coded for references to various Alien Soup elements.

But I'm still giving the original poster a little benefit of doubt because there is just no way somebody would blatantly rip-off another site to that degree and then have the gall to put their own copyright notice on it!

Default Re: aliensoup.com

apologies - fair point, shouldn't have named them but also gave benefit of the doubt as I doubt anyone would be fool enough to post their link here after ripping someone's great work off

Quote Originally Posted by mismatch

and I meant it - after finding the original I was depressed for days, some people are just too darn good
    Last edited by mismatch; 07-23-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Man oh man, I wish he'd come back and at least explain this...if he did "steal" the skin I hope he knows what he just unleashed upon himself by posting the link to his board here... I don't think there is a single person here who would put up with that....
    But I'm gonna go with hope and think maybe he's friends with the creator of the other site or whatever and they shared it with him..?
    Last edited by DarknessDivine; 07-23-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    BoxerTalk!

Looks like a "hacked" or "copied" skin IMO. There's an extra table in this skin that is not in the original, in a place that no skinner would put it. It misaligns the main content area. It's a table that IMO, would most likely be created through improper 'copying', and not from skinning or installing an actual skin.
    Last edited by apokalupsis; 07-24-2004 at 02:59 AM.

Owners of AlienSoup is already informed by me. I will post their response here in this thread, soon. I didn't rip of it. I never would post my link here if I made something illegal.
    Last edited by Kru; 07-24-2004 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apokalupsis
    Looks like a "hacked" or "copied" skin IMO. There's an extra table in this skin that is not in the original, in a place that no skinner would put it. It misaligns the main content area. It's a table that IMO, would most likely be created through improper 'copying', and not from skinning or installing an actual skin.
    Well, that happened after I installed vBadvanced. I can fix it easy if I changed the background colour of this table but it is dark grey and looks a little bit weird in the index page. So I keep it until I find a better way to solve it.

AlienSoup are informed about this thread and will post here soon because it doesn't looks like that anybody of you would believe me if I say that everything is ok.

AlienSoup are informed about this thread and will post here soon
    That's fine..we just wanted to make sure that it wasn't ripped..Trust me it would not be the first time someone ripped a skin and then posted the link to it in a forum review area..lol..either way hope I hope it works out.
    BoxerTalk!

Ripping is becoming more easy and seen much more these days. I apologize if we were wrong in being skeptical...but it did appear to be somewhat "funky". Regardless, it's a nice site. And if you need help fixin' that table, and we can confirm it's ok for you to use that skin, we'll be more than happy to help you fix that table issue.

Regardless, it's a nice site. And if you need help fixin' that table, and we can confirm it's ok for you to use that skin, we'll be more than happy to help you fix that table issue.
    So true...we just need proof is all...
    BoxerTalk!

Well as I said I informed AlienSoup about this thread and send a request to post here about it. I was told that they will do it.

You can believe me that I wouldn't discuss with you about it if it wouldn't be important for me to sort out this matter.

Well, at the very least Kru is holding true to his word and brought it out in the open with the Alien Soup team to get their response.....

http://forums.aliensoup.com/showthread.php?t=13020

Kru: Out of couriousity, what site did you purchase the template from?

Kru: Out of couriousity, what site did you purchase the template from?
    Yeah, let us know the url...someone might possibly be able to tell rather the site is known for ripping skins..I know there are a few that have in the past and then sold the skins..
    BoxerTalk!

Just so you know, if you used PayPal to purchase that style then you can report the company and most likely get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Just so you know, if you used PayPal to purchase that style then you can report the company and most likely get your money back.
    That is what I will do. I have all emails about this transaction. The company called themselve Dream-Design. The webpage adresse was http://www.dream-design.tk but it isn't any longer available. They had around 12 templates and a lot of vBulletin hacks.

I'd notifiy PayPal if I were you. You can get your money back (or should be able to).

The site's source code shows that the page is a frame for http://wmclan.fragism.com/dream (which doesn't work now).

http://wmclan.fragism.com/ isn't pulling up anything either. But it appears to be from a gaming clan (see the fragism.com) which means they are most likely kids.

It would appear, that this site shut it's doors (for now). What it looks like, is that they may have created a site and merely use different directories to pull the their "copmany site" code to the FREE domains they had registered. .tk are free domains.

My guess is, they just came up w/ different business names, got the free domains. Created new directories w/ the same fraud site code, and sourced the code from that directory to the registered free domain. It is easy to shutdown that way, and they probably thought they were making it difficult to trace that way.

A WHOIS search shows the domain to be registered and owned, by dot.tk, the site mentioned above. Because these guys chose a FREE domain, it isnt't actually owned by them. So there is no trace that way.
    Last edited by apokalupsis; 07-25-2004 at 02:32 PM.

FYI for those interested: http://forums.aliensoup.com/showthre...036#post134036

Looks like Kru is doing his best to fix the situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information