Thread: Beginner. vBadvanced CMPS Uploaded

Question Beginner. vBadvanced CMPS Uploaded

I read the User's Manual for "Getting Started".

Firstly, I had vBadvanced load vBadvanced CMPS for me. I'm assuming the Script has been installed thru their service.

I did go to my Admin Control Panel for vBulletin and do see the group of options called "vBa CMPS". I can see that these are editable......how do I make these "active" on my Specific Styles? Also once I make active, will the new module look be on all my styles?

Thanks again, I apologize for the very basic questions. I am anxious to get started.

Thomas

Default Re: Beginner. vBadvanced CMPS Uploaded

Most of the modules should already be active on your CMPS page. Some, such as the news and current poll will require you to change the settings first to select some threads or forums to pull these posts from.
    All modules and the rest of the page should inherit the look of each of your styles.

Question Re: Beginner. vBadvanced CMPS Uploaded

Brian. I appreciate your response. I am in my late 30's, and don't have any programming experience, but am very interested in using vBulletin and vBadvanced CMPS. I'm sure there are thousands of others out there like me...

All I've done to date is sign on a Hosting Company......I had them load vBulletin for me. Then I had you load vBadvanced CMPS for me. At that time, I gave you all my login info for my site and my admin.....

I've learned how to lay out my vbulletin board.......but haven't created any additional pages...as I believe my bulletin board is at my home page: www.mywebsite.com ...and not www.mywebsite.com/forum ..........should my forum be at www.mywebsite.com/forum in order for this to work????

I realize this is an absolute ROOKIE question....but is there a resource which I can read to bring me up to speed on the basics???? Book/resource you suggest? Can you write up a few paragraphs??? Are you for hire for an hour via the phone???? I'm absolute positive it will be popular...as I've received emails from customers feeling the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by tomc28 View Post
    as I believe my bulletin board is at my home page: www.mywebsite.com ...and not www.mywebsite.com/forum ..........should my forum be at www.mywebsite.com/forum in order for this to work????
    My personal preference is always to put the vBulletin forum files in a separate folder. That certainly isn't a requirement though. If you want the CMPS to act as your homepage with your current setup, you would just need to follow the instructions in this thread once you have the CMPS setup the way you would like and are ready to go live with it.

I realize this is an absolute ROOKIE question....but is there a resource which I can read to bring me up to speed on the basics???? Book/resource you suggest? Can you write up a few paragraphs??? Are you for hire for an hour via the phone???? I'm absolute positive it will be popular...as I've received emails from customers feeling the same way.
    Really the first thing you should do is click the "Default Settings" link in your Admin CP, and then click "Show Module Settings". Then read through all of the settings on that page and just make sure that you have everything set the way you would like. Other than that, there is a users manual available in the Members' Area here. It is a bit out of date, but should still be helpful.

Q. I use my forums in the root directory, how can i also use vBadvanced?

A.
    Step 1
    Rename vB's default index.php to forums.php or forum.php or ANYTHING.php

Step 2
    Login to your Admin CP and go to vBulletin Options > Forums Home Page Options > Script Name for Forum Home Page
    Change this to match what you called your default vBulletin index file. Do not include the .php extension though as it's not nessary.
    Save the options.

Step 3
    Rename your cmps_index.php file to index.php.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I did exactly as this thread stated and this is what I get at my site? Index Of....
    Can you assist?
    Last edited by tomc28; 01-11-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomc28 View Post
    Step 3
    Rename your cmps_index.php file to index.php.
    Looks like you skipped that step.

Thread Information