Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Local weather

Thumbs up

Hi. This is the first time I've ever added a Module. It was very easy, thanks to your detailed instructions THANK YOU!

One thing which I had to read and re-read these posts before I understood was that I needed to CHANGE the [FIELDX] to lower case. [field7] (I'm using 3.7.1)

This solved everything...THANKS AGAIN!
    --------------------
    I'm sorry if you may've answered this already, but how can I update the code to include more than just the Temperature and small pic of cloud/clear/rain? Can we get a 5-day forecast, humidity, wind, barometer?

You had mentioned this "Widget". Have you and/or anyone used this Widget within vBadvanced?? Would you be willing to share the code and/or implementation instructions for a novice
    http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/28

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by VIJOVAME View Post
    Thank You!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by tomc28 View Post
    I'm sorry if you may've answered this already, but how can I update the code to include more than just the Temperature and small pic of cloud/clear/rain? Can we get a 5-day forecast, humidity, wind, barometer?
    The options you see in my first post are the only options this widget offers, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tomc28 View Post
    You had mentioned this "Widget". Have you and/or anyone used this Widget within vBadvanced?? Would you be willing to share the code and/or implementation instructions for a novice
    http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/28
    It's very much doable, but compared to the accuweather's widget a little more complicated, and I can only see a lot of headache coming my way if I try to implement it. I have gotten a lot of request for help with this one, and this one is simple. Since I published this code I have had an addition to my family (he's 16 months old now) and I simply don't have the time or energy to dedicate to this. Sorry ...

I'm sure though, that if you submerge yourself into this you'll be able to figure it out, just read my code slowly and you'll see what it does. Then you'll just have to change one or two lines to make it work for you. Good luck ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by theczech View Post
    OK, I installed this custom international weather on my test server just to mess around with it, and it works just fine for me. You can see it for yourself here: http://vb.moskaliev.info/forum/. You're welcome to register there and test it.

My default weather is set to London, UK. Location in my user account is Berlin, Germany, and it works flawlessly when I log in and out.

One thing I suggest you do, Lombardo, is make the words FIELD5 in your code lowercase (field5). On some servers it matters, yours may be one of them.

Also, what board version are you running? I wrote this originally for 3.5, my test board is 3.6 and it works on both. I bet the problem is in the upper/lower case.

Let me know and post your template again if you still have a trouble.
    I don't know who Lombardo is, but this was my fix.... I run Apache on RedHat 5.2 just for the sake of giving stupid info.

Thanks

Works great with vb3.8

i installed it and its working but the module does not show like your attachments. Its just a little module with the temp and a cloud/sun. What am i doing wrong your attachments have radars, winds, etc

Quote Originally Posted by BuCwiLd View Post
    i installed it and its working but the module does not show like your attachments. Its just a little module with the temp and a cloud/sun. What am i doing wrong your attachments have radars, winds, etc
    You need to re-read the instructions and pay special attention to the OPTIONAL MODIFICATION.

Changing the size=5 parameter to a different number will get you your results. Make sure the word "size" stays lower case. Let me know if you resolved it.

Thank You.

Aussies:

PHP Code:
    <tr>
    <
    td class="alt2" align="center">
    <if 
    condition="$bbuserinfo[FIELDX] == '' ">
    Weather information for X__________X:<br>

<!--
    Weatherzone local weather-->
    <
    style type="text/css">
    weatherzone font-familyTahomaArialSans-Seriffont-sizesmallfont-weightnormalcolor#323232; background-color: #EFEFEF; }
    .weatherzone_head font-familyTahomaArialSans-Seriffont-sizesmallfont-weightboldtext-aligncentercolor#EFEFEF; background-color: #4185A5; }
    </style>
    <
    script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.weatherzone.com.au/woys/page_local.jsp?postcode=DEFAULTPOSTCODE"></script>
    <
    a href="http://www.weatherzone.com.au"></a>
    <!--
    end Weatherzone local weather--><br><br>

<if 
    condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] > '0' ">
    Would you like to see a weather info for your location?<br>
    <
    br>
    Click <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/profile.php?do=editprofile">here</a> and enter your Post Code into your profile. <br>
    <
    br>
    Every time you come back to this website your local weather will be displayed.
    </if>
    <if 
    condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] == '0'">
    Would you like to see weather info for your location?<br>
    <
    br>
    Please <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?">register</awith arcHELI and remember to fill in your Post Code.<br>
    <
    br>
    Every time you come back to this website your local weather will be displayed.
    </if>
    <else />

<!--
    Weatherzone local weather-->
    <
    style type="text/css">
    weatherzone font-familyTahomaArialSans-Seriffont-sizesmallfont-weightnormalcolor#323232; background-color: #EFEFEF; }
    .weatherzone_head font-familyTahomaArialSans-Seriffont-sizesmallfont-weightboldtext-aligncentercolor#EFEFEF; background-color: #4185A5; }
    </style>
    <
    script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.weatherzone.com.au/woys/page_local.jsp?postcode=$bbuserinfo[FIELDX]"></script>
    <
    a href="http://www.weatherzone.com.au"></a>
    <!--
    end Weatherzone local weather-->

</if>
    </
    td>
    </
    tr
    Too easy; still looking at customisation - thanks theczech for this great template module!

Will

You're welcome. And thank you for your contribution.

Is there a 4.0 version of this?
    I used to have this one, and really liked it, but it stopped working when we upgraded to the latest version of CMPS

It appears that this module has stopped working. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it back up and running again? All the data is blank.
    CHIMPIE | SKYWARN

"I have found Chimpie to be very professional, knowledgeable, prompt, and reasonably priced."
    "I would not hesitate to utilize his services again in the future, and I highly recommend him."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information