Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Local weather

Default Re: Local weather

Atlanticanglers.com
    CMPS v2.2.1 (vB 3.6.7)

I'm having the same problem. I would like the users to put in their zip code and I have designated that as field6.

No matter which zip they put in, they get the default weather. I don't want a default zip code, but a requirement for them to go in a edit their profile. If the user is not logged in, they get my default zip code. Kinda lost here, fellas. Sorry.

Here is my code:

Code:
    <tr>
    <td class="alt2" align="center">
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[FIELDX] == 'field6' ">
    <b>Enter your Zip Code in your Profile Section to see your current weather conditions<b><br><a href="/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile">Click Here to go to your Profile</a><br><br>
    <script src="http://netwx.accuweather.com/netweatherV2.asp?zipcode=DEFAULT_ZIP_HERE&lang=eng&size=5&metric=0"></script><br><br>
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] > '0' ">
    Would you like to see a weather info for your location?<br>
    <br>
    Click <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/profile.php?do=editprofile">here</a> and enter your zipcode into your profile. <br>
    <br>
    Every time you come back to our website your local weather will be displayed.
    </if>
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] == '0'">
    Would you like to see weather info for your location?<br>
    <br>
    Please <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?">register</a> with our website and remember to fill in your zipcode.<br>
    <br>
    </if>
    <else />
    <script src="http://netwx.accuweather.com/netweatherV2.asp?zipcode=$bbuserinfo[FIELD6]&lang=eng&size=5&metric=0"></script>
    </if>
    </td>
    </tr>
    As you can see, I've tried editing it to make it work... Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by delmarva; 05-18-2007 at 09:10 AM.

You didn't follow the modification step of the instructions correctly. Just by looking at your code, line 3

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[FIELDX] == 'field6' ">

should be

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[field6] == ' '>

In the line 4 you didn't replace the DEFAULT_ZIP_HERE ... etc, I didn't check the rest of your code, but this gives you an idea ...

Start over with the modification of the code and follow the instructions. It will work, I promise.

For some reason when other member login and enter there own zipcode, it still show the default location zip code like the one I setup. Any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by angkor408 View Post
    For some reason when other member login and enter there own zipcode, it still show the default location zip code like the one I setup. Any reason why?
    Most likely you didn't follow the instructions correctly. Read over them again, or even twice, and the check the code and make sure you made the changes as suggested in my first post.

Question Re: Local weather

I got it working also...

Using 3.6.7 with 2.2.1

Works GREAT!!!!

GREAT JOB BRO!!
    Last edited by madmp3zz; 06-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.

i think this hack only use for US. What about Asia country? they don't use zipcode.

Any fixes for this mod. I still can't get it to work (displaying the correct local weather according to user zip code). I've been trying to get it to work for days but to no avail.

I keep getting a database error when I try to install this.

Does this work in Firefox/IE/Safari with vBa3?

installed and working on :

vb 3.6.8
    cmp 3.0 RC1

thanks!!!

I got it working on 3.6.8
    NICE!

I cant find the user profile fields... I have the 3.6.8 Patch 2 version. When looking at the main page which field do I go under, I dont have the one as seen above...?

Anyone else getting this when they preview it

"The conditional on line 3 appears to be missing its end tag (</if>). The template will not function properly unless this is fixed."

Quote Originally Posted by TSM_Pikachu View Post
    Anyone else getting this when they preview it

"The conditional on line 3 appears to be missing its end tag (</if>). The template will not function properly unless this is fixed."
    Nevermind on this one, I am using VB 3.6.6 and CMPS 3.0 RC2 when I got this error. Just save it and activate it and it will work, adding a </if> to the end of line 3 will just cause your browser to hang when in "preview" mode and you will lose your editing

This is a copy of my code, my field # was 68 and I am located in Huntington beach which is ZIP code 92649

<tr>
    <td class="alt2" align="center">
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[field68] == '' ">
    Weather information for Huntington beach, CA:<br>
    <script src="http://netwx.accuweather.com/netweatherV2.asp?zipcode=92649&lang=eng&size=5&metric=0"></script><br><br>
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] > '0' ">
    Would you like to see a weather info for your location?<br>
    <br>
    Click <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/profile.php?do=editprofile">here</a> and enter your zipcode into your profile. <br>
    <br>
    </if>
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] == '0'">
    Would you like to see weather info for your location?<br>
    <br>
    Please <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?">register</a> with our website and remember to fill in your zipcode.<br>
    <br>
    </if>
    <else />
    <script src="http://netwx.accuweather.com/netweatherV2.asp?zipcode=$bbuserinfo[field68]&lang=eng&size=5&metric=0"></script>
    </if>
    </td>
    </tr>

3.7???

Quote Originally Posted by seangworld View Post
    3.7???

Sorry, I don't have 3.7 yet to test and tune to it. Hopefully it shouldn't need any changes.

could you possible do it with this site?

so you can get weather from around the world,my site is quite multicultural so i need one for all around the world,would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo View Post
    could you possible do it with this site?

so you can get weather from around the world,my site is quite multicultural so i need one for all around the world,would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/
    I looked around the BBC site and I don't see them offering the "widget" code to put their weather on your site. I can't do it without it.

Terribly sorry,

Quote Originally Posted by theczech View Post
    I looked around the BBC site and I don't see them offering the "widget" code to put their weather on your site. I can't do it without it.

Terribly sorry,
    Is there not other sites that do weather reports for the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo View Post
    Is there not other sites that do weather reports for the world?

There probably are some, but you were asking if I could do it with this BBC one. So no, I cannot do it with this BBC one. Could I do it with some other weather website? Possibly, but only if the website provides these "widgets" for people to put on their websites. Do I know which ones do that? Nope. Would I be willing to modify my code to use such a website? Yes, but only if you do your homework and find the website.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information