Thread: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' vbacmps_install.php on line 1451

Default Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' vbacmps_install.php on line 1451

hi,

i searched the forums, but i didn't find any solution for my problem. I just upgraded from vb 3.5.4 to vb 3.6.4. I was running vba CMPS 2.10 with vb 3.5.4 before.

after the upgrade to 3.6.4, the forum was working fine, but the CMPS was not working. so I tried to upgrade to 2.20. I followed the installation manual and uploaded all the files coming with it. as i was trying to start the vbacmps_install.php, i became an error message:

Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /www/htdocs/v091482/forum/admincp/vbacmps_install.php on line 1451
    I hope, you can help me with that.
    Thanks in advance,
    Christoph

edit: If nobody has any idea, you may can tell me, how I can uninstall the complete CMPS "by hand", because I can't lauch the install file and so I can't use the uninstall option.
    Last edited by ckeins; 02-01-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' vbacmps_install.php on line 1451

Have you made any changes to that file? There shouldn't be any way you would get a parse error otherwise, especially on that line. I'd suggest downloading the files from here again and replacing that file with the one in the download package just to be sure it was overwritten when you originally started the upgrade.

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' vbacmps_install.php on line 1451

no, I didn't made changes to that file. I downloaded all the files again, overwrote every file and also changed the config file. Now I'm becoming a parse error one line above.

Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /www/htdocs/v091482/forum/admincp/vbacmps_install.php on line 1450
    I also tried another thing:
    That has nothing to do with the CMPS: I tried to install a brand new version of vb 3.6.4 (another directory and another mysql-table on the same server) and to fill the tables via impex (just to install the CMPS afterwards again). I made no changes to the impex-files (except for the config file). I had another parse error.

I don't know if something on the server went wrong. It's not my own server, I just bought some webspace at a german webhoster.

The problem is, that I'm a newb to all the coding and server stuff, so I have really no idea.

I'm not sure how you would be getting that, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be glad to take a look at things for you.

Thread Information