Thread: page no longer displays

Default page no longer displays

I have an old links 1.0 directory installed on Tue Feb 15th 2005 with a few hundreds links in there.

Now that I am almost ready with my customizations in the new version, I'd like to import those links into the latest one so I could get rid of old one. Problem is, I just moved to a new server with php 5.16 and mysql 5.0.2 and page can no longer display, and all templates are there!!!! As of 2 weeks ago, I was looking at them and studying how to import them into new tables.

Any suggestions on how to handle that? I don't need the script, I only want to get the links.

Default Re: page no longer displays

The only thing I can think of that would typically cause a blank page is not having the $forumpath variable set correctly in the config file. That shouldn't be that important if you just need to grab the links from the database though. Assuming you have phpMyAdmin, just browse into your 'links' table with that, and then click the "Export" link near the top of the page. On the next page, be sure to check the "Complete inserts" and "Maximal length of created query" boxes, un-check the "Structure" box, and then click "Go" to build the backup.
    The first part of the backup that's formed should look like this:
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO `links` (`linkid`, `name`, `url`, `catid`, `description`, `keywords`, `views`, `posts`, `valid`, `open`, `notes`, `sticky`, `username`, `dateline`, `lastupdated`, `userid`, `suspended`, `votenum`, `votetotal`, `lastpostdateline`, `lastpostuserid`, `lastpostusername`) VALUES 
    You'll need to change "INSERT INTO `links`" to "INSERT INTO `adv_links`" there, and then`url`to `linkurl`. After that, you should be able to use that query to insert the links into a different database running vBa Links 2.0.

I thought I'd let you know: migrating was a success first shot.

Now that's quite a acomplishment. I've done quite a few imports of some type or other over the years and I don't know if I've ever had success with the first attempt.

Thread Information