Thread: News modules not showing

Default News modules not showing

I have some news modules showing and pulling threads from forums, but other news module's aren't working. I even tried copying a working news module and edit it to pull from another forum but still no luck.

Perhaps a prob could be with the News Forum ID. This is the below description for this field.

The ID number of your default news forum. To display threads from more than one forum, enter a list of forumids seperated by commas. Example setting: 1,4,9
    Noted the bold part? I think this was an old implementation. On my other vbulletin forums it shows the correct description.

Here you may select the forum(s) in which you would like to display recent threads from in your news module. To select more than one forum, hold down your 'ctrl' key while selecting the forums with your mouse.
    I have upgraded all 3 of my forums, and all 3 of them experience problems with showing the news modules. Some work and some don't.

Thank you.
    Last edited by aacircle; 05-22-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: modules not showing

The description shouldn't be anything to worry about as long as it's still showing the mult-select box for the forums.
    After you copied the news module, did you edit the page you were trying to display it on and activate the module there?

The modules were working fine prior to the upgrade. Multi-select box is showing.

Yes I did activate and enable it to the page I was trying to display it on. Still no luck though.
    Last edited by aacircle; 05-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.

There's not really anything else I can think of off the top of my head then. If you'd like to submit a support ticket though I'll be glad to take a look at things for you.

Ok, shall do so now. Thanks.

Default Re: News modules not showing

For anyone else that may be having this problem, it looks like this one was due to a problem with the way the news module checked to make sure the data had not already been processed (since the same file is used for 2 modules), and would occur when you have multiple news modules but no News Archive module associated with them. The fix has been applied to the download package here, so just download the files again, replace your modules/news.php file with the new one, and that should take care of the issue.

Thread Information