Thread: News Module with Tabs

Default News Module with Tabs

I'm not good at coding, so try and work with me here.

Is there any way to create a module that has multiple tabs, and each tab is constantly updated with the latest 5 posts/threads?

Ex. http://codethat.com/tab/tab_manual.html

The tab control is located in the middle of the page. Rather than having 'CodeThat.com', 'What's New' etc.

You could have 'Recent Posts', or 'Latest Threads'.

Any input would be appreciated.

Default Re: News Module with Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by wolf32 View Post
    I'm not good at coding, so try and work with me here.

Is there any way to create a module that has multiple tabs, and each tab is constantly updated with the latest 5 posts/threads?

Ex. http://codethat.com/tab/tab_manual.html

The tab control is located in the middle of the page. Rather than having 'CodeThat.com', 'What's New' etc.

You could have 'Recent Posts', or 'Latest Threads'.

Any input would be appreciated.
    I use codethattab within vbadvance modules. Here is one example of what I've done.. http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20239 If I have time tomorrow, I will see how it reacts with news.php ... shouldn't be to hard to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
    I use codethattab within vbadvance modules. Here is one example of what I've done.. http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20239 If I have time tomorrow, I will see how it reacts with news.php ... shouldn't be to hard to figure out
    Much thanks, will check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf32 View Post
    Much thanks, will check back later.
    Hey Wolf...

just an update, I dumped using codethattab and wrote an AJAX version that works great (works perfect for what I want to use it for).. I currently have multiple tabs that pull news (threads) from various forums.. ie, Whats New Tab pulls the latest 10 threads from the Announcments forum... NFL News pulls the 10 latest threads from 3 forums (NFL News, NFL Draft, NFLE)... Cheers pulls news from the Social Lounge Forums ... etc etc etc (I think you get the picture)..

The system includes: 1 js file, 1 css file, 1 php file.

The Tabbed AJAX Module itself is a simple Template Module.

Please Note: I have NO, ZERO, NONE plans it make this a php module and have all sorts of Admin Control Panel bells and whistles. Im perfectly fine doing all my coding right in the file system itself. Sooooooo If you or anyone else are interested in this, Im open to helping out, but its not something I wrote that people can just download, upload, pick a few forums from the ACP and expect data to show up in a tab... (it could be that simple, I just don't have the time nor desire to do that when it takes me a few seconds to edit a file and do the same thing)..

Note 2... you CAN have more than one tabbed ajax module on the same page without any conflicts whatsoever...

Sounds great. Have a link to see it in action? I am very interested in the system, as it sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thread Information