Hi All

I want to pass the members username to an external php app running inside of a vBA PHP Module in the /modules directory and so far I have been trying this:

$bbuserinfo[username]

... and the code I am using to test the output is:

PHP Code:
 echo "bbuserinfo = "."$bbuserinfo[username]"
which doesn't work
PHP Code:
 echo "bbuserinfo = ".$bbuserinfo[username]; 
which also doesn't work

... but when I echo the output of this to see if it returns the username of the member who has clicked on the link, I see blank.

Is this the correct syntax pls...?

In a little more detail, what I want to be able to do is to pass the vB Username value to a PHP script from a link somewhere on my site. This link would normally be in the header or navbar, but could effectively be in a post too.

I want the Username value to be available within this script.

I have done this from the root of my site on a link in the navbar by using a <form> statement thus:

Code:
    <form name="tmpFinalsform" action="http://www.themouthpiece.com/predict/index.php" method="post" target="_blank">
        <input type="hidden" name="username" value="$bbuserinfo[username]"/>
    </form>
then using the following in a <td>

Code:
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="if (document.forms['tmpFinalsform'].username.value=='Unregistered') {alert('Only Registered Members may participate in the Predictions contest. Feel free to sign up and try again.');} else {document.forms['tmpFinalsform'].submit();}">tMP Predictions</a></td>
This passes my members username through to the application called via the link - and works.

However, I have moved this code into a the modules subdirectory within vB and it no longer works and I can't fathom out why.

Any ideas?