Thread: Help with Images

Default Help with Images

Im not sure if I installed this correctly.

I have a couple of questions.
    I bought and installed VBDynamics. I am using it on my dog forum.

I think I have everything installed properly, however I am having errors when uploading images.

I will put the warning I get after this message.

It does upload it, but it only shows the link, no image, no thumbnail. When you click on that link/icon, you get a path. Not the image. I am sure this is a setting or a url path I have messed up?

I did not want to post that log in info in a forum question. I will be glad to pay the install fee or whatever it will be for you to look at this.

Question number two:
    On the demos, you have entries then the file sharing demo etc... Is that just examples where you changed the wording and bought multi-use licenses? You just changed entries to files? Or is it a different area? That is kind of confusing to me.

I am trying to figure out how best to use this for people to display their dogs/info and photos about their dogs. So if I am looking for a stud dog, I could go to that person/dog and look at all attachements that person has made and see photos. Im not seeing that there is any gallery just images in entries? Is that correct? Is there a way to see all attachements another user has uploaded without going through their entries? Any advice would be great.

Melissa

Here is the warning when uploading images:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/havanese/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/vba_dyna_class_image.php on line 93

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1/IMG_7358_1187893981_thumb.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/havanese/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/vba_dyna_class_image.php on line 248

Warning: copy(/1/IMG_7358_1187893981_thumb.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /includes/vba_dyna_class_image.php on line 248

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1/IMG_7358_1187893981_thumb.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/havanese/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/vba_dyna_class_image.php on line 340

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/1/IMG_7358_1187893981_thumb.jpg) [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /includes/vba_dyna_class_image.php on line 340
    Forward Message

Default Re: Help with Images

Another problem, after I installed this, several members had problems logging into my regular forum. They would put in their password and click remember me, but have to do it again to send a pm or sometimes it would keep kicking them out. Would this be related at all?

Default Re: Help with Images

1). Admin CP => vBa Dynamics => Modify Settings => Title, URL's, and Terms => Attachment File Path
    Make sure that you have that option set to the full path to your dynamics/attach folder and that should correct the problem with uploading attachments. Any that were uploaded before will need to be deleted and re-uploaded as the file was not actually uploaded to the server. FYI, there will be a better check for this an error message in the next release to help prevent that.

2). In the same setting group (Title, URL's, and Terms), you will see options like 'Term For "Entry"', 'Term For "Category", etc. Changing those will change every instance of that word on the user side of the program (and some of the admin side, though not all). The files demo was setup using the mult-instance options and those settings (along with some others of course) were changed to make the interface geared more towards file sharing software.
    Currently there is not an option to view all of a users' attachments, just their entries. You can select to display one attachment/thumbnail with the entries when browsing them though, so I would think that might work as a preview when searching/browsing.

As for the login problems... If your members are only browsing the forums and are having problems, then it would not be related to vBa Dynamics. If they're having problems while browsing between the forums and vBa Dynamics, then you may need to adjust your cookie settings as described here.

Thread Information