They should be entered on separate lines like this
    totaltoday
    whotoday
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

Manor Guest

Default Re: [Module] Members who have visited the forum

Sorry, just helping out. Okay, without this being "bad form" another way would be to add a plugin at "style_fetch".

Out of curiosity, did you get the original author's permission to use his addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Manor View Post
    Sorry, just helping out. Okay, without this being "bad form" another way would be to add a plugin at "style_fetch".

Out of curiosity, did you get the original author's permission to use his addon?
    Since the original code isn't being touched and only the results of the existing plugin are being utilized (which is already designed to run on all pages) that isn't really necessary.

There are indeed several ways a similar result could be had. However the way this is implemented it also allows users to combine the output with the Online Users module by using the existing template and a small mod to the onlineusers.php file.

Now, back to our regular programming...
    Tom Morris

ok that fixed it.......

I had to delete the quotes and the < > symbols around the totaltoday and whotoday and put them exactly as shown in your above post.

Thanks a million.

There is an updated version of the module available in the first post which now works whether the Process PHP File Modules Within A Function setting is Yes or No.
    Tom Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Manor View Post
    For anybody that doesn't have the above stated product, here's a quick fix.

Add this code before the "$whotoday = ..." statement in the "todays_users.php" file.
    Code:
    $visitorsq = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE lastvisit >= " . (time() - 86400) . " ORDER BY lastvisit DESC");
    $totaltoday = $db->num_rows($visitorsq);
    $whotoday = '';
    $comma = '';

while($v = $db->fetch_array($visitorsq))
    {
    	$whotoday .= $comma . '<a href="member.php?' . $session['sessionurl'] . 'u=' . $v['userid']. '" rel="nofollow">' . $v['username'] . '</a>';
    	$comma = ', ';
    }
    Hi

thanks a lot for this code, but is it possible to display colored usernames? using that colors assigned to each members usergroup? if i use that vb product i see that all the member names are colored but i dont want to use that plugin(only want to show todays visitors on cmps page) so could you please post some code or something using which i can get colored usernames?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone02 View Post
    Hi

thanks a lot for this code, but is it possible to display colored usernames? using that colors assigned to each members usergroup? if i use that vb product i see that all the member names are colored but i dont want to use that plugin(only want to show todays visitors on cmps page) so could you please post some code or something using which i can get colored usernames?

Thanks in advance
    You can use the plugin but disable the display on the FORMHOME page by setting the ATCS: Enable option for the plugin to 'No'.
    Tom Morris

This is a great mod and I've had no problems with it...But I was wondering if there was a way to also count guest visits and also show that as in 'x members and x guests' like the online now block?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhlexican View Post
    This is a great mod and I've had no problems with it...But I was wondering if there was a way to also count guest visits and also show that as in 'x members and x guests' like the online now block?
    There is an add-on over at vb.org that will count Guests but it's separate from this. I would imagine that it might be possible to combine the output of the two plugins into a single vBa module if one was motivated enough.
    Tom Morris

Works perfectly!!
    Thanks Tom.
    *VB3.6.8 + CMPS 3.0RC2

i installed this module but nothing is showing up.
    blank for totaltoday and whotoday.

i couldn't find this option under Who Has Visited Today options:
    ACP -> vBulletin Options -> Who Has Visited Today -> Code Option -> Run Code on all pages

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by bangag View Post
    i installed this module but nothing is showing up.
    blank for totaltoday and whotoday.

i couldn't find this option under Who Has Visited Today options:
    ACP -> vBulletin Options -> Who Has Visited Today -> Code Option -> Run Code on all pages

thanks in advance
    Just to verify, have you installed and configured the plugin that's required? There's an updated version for 3.6.8 so if you are running a prior version you should upgrade.
    Tom Morris

yes, i had it installed. but it seems mine was outdated (4.41), i have now updated to 4.42! didn't see that there was a new version. thanks and sorry for the hassle!

Works perfectly!!

Thanks

*VB3.6.5 + CMPS 3.0RC2

I keep getting better and better at this, yesterday was a nightmare, today it was just a dream, and it came true..

Default Module upload not working...

While trying to get this to work I've gotten myself into a bind: I tried to use the "Upload Module" function from the CP to add the 'todaysvisitors.module' file to my vBa CMPS install. Paul M's latest visitor stats plugin was already installed. Nothing showed in the "Edit Modules" list after uploading the module, so I tried a few more times. At that point I noticed several 'empty' (for lack of a better term) modules, just a checkbox without a title, in the "Edit Modules" list. Every time I tried uploading this module it would add another emty entry to the list of modules. Those bogus modules are set to show in the left column, nothing is showing though.

So, I now have 5 of those empty modules, with no mechanism to remove them. They don't have a title, so no hyperlink to get into the module's settings, and no option that can be accessed to delete it. Any idea on how to (manually) remove those bogus modules from vBa? The next question is, what happened here?

My forum is running vB v3.6.8 and vBa v2.2.1. In case anyone wants to take a look, the URL is http://www.greenpowertalk.org/

Thanks!

-Rob-

works as advertised - in your ACP under "Who Has Visited Today" make sure you check the "Change this if you want this modifications code to run on all vb pages, not just the forum homepage" (Code Option) to "Run Code on all pages"

I've managed to get rid of the 5 ghost modules by directly editing them out of the database table of modules. They were empty rows in the database, no name, nothing.

Could it be that this new 'todaysvisitors.module' only works on CPMS v3.x? I'm not seeing any restriction on CPMS version number mentioned anywhere, but who knows. Uploading it on my v2.2.1 system invariably fails. I was running an older version of this module before (made for vB v3.5.x, if I remember right, and patched to work with Paul M's previous version). That was deleted before trying to upload this new version of Today's Visitors. The old one worked fine, until I upgraded Paul M's hack to the current one. That's what prompted me to install this module. Unfortunately with a profound lack of success...

Any suggestions?

-Rob-

Another update: I re-uploaded the old v3.5.x 'todaysvisitors.module'. This uploaded fine, and miraculously works fine too. This is in vB v3.6.8 and with Paul M's latest add-on of Today's Visitors. No idea why the old version works now, unfortunately I know too little about the underlying plumbing of vBa to tell. Maybe it is because the variables it uses are now made global (previously they were not). I'll quit while I'm ahead though.

-Rob-

Quote Originally Posted by gorp View Post
    works as advertised - in your ACP under "Who Has Visited Today" make sure you check the "Change this if you want this modifications code to run on all vb pages, not just the forum homepage" (Code Option) to "Run Code on all pages"
    Yes, indeed. Just like the instructions say in the first post
    For this version to work with CMPS it is necessary to configure the plugin to show on all pages. This is done via the ACP...

Tom Morris

works great, thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information