Thread: Custom Fields Display Order?

Default Custom Fields Display Order?

I created about 8 custom fields....

It's kinda funky in that the field I labled as #1 is way at the bottom shown underneath the "forum like" entry box..

Feedback and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    EdFig

Order of the Silver Dragons
    Gaming Community

Default Re: Custom Fields Display Order?

There's a 'Display Order' setting with each custom field that can be changed in the Admin CP.

Yeah, I saw that... That's what triggered this question. Because even with the display order my #1 field is way at the bottom... not just at the button...but UNDER the "post reply" section.... Looks pretty bad.

The other fields are ordered as 2-8... Fields 2-8 seem ok. it's very strange.
    EdFig

Gaming Community

There shouldn't be any reason that it would display below the replies... I tried to take a look, but couldn't seem to find where you've installed the software on your site. Would you mind just submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can have a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There shouldn't be any reason that it would display below the replies... I tried to take a look, but couldn't seem to find where you've installed the software on your site. Would you mind just submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can have a look?
    Would love to but dont feel comfortable providing my Admin Account information or FTP account information to ANYONE.

That said... here's more information that might shed some light on it. I was making a ticket with this content when I realized that in order to post the ticket you needed this account information.

I understand why you might ask for it...troubleshooting and such...but I'd rather not provide it at this time.

I'm noodling around with this new application... Trying to determine if I can use it for a "Character Roster" for my gaming community. I like what I see!!

Here's the issue I've noted... And the link below will take you to the area of concern (forgot if you'll have access, let me know if you dont). You'll need to register.

The "Character Name" custom field is listed under the "Tag" and "Message" fields... In the display order I have that field tagged as field #1... the others as 2,3,4,5,6,7.... There are no duplicate numbers in the display order...

I can't figure out why that is...

Please let me know.

http://silverdragons-lair.net/forum/...wentry.php?c=0
    Last edited by edfig; 09-20-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    EdFig

Gaming Community

I just tried to register an account (Tigga) so I could see the submit entry page, but I'm still getting the "no permissions" page when logged in. Could you update the permissions so that regular members can post, or move Tigga to a different group that does have permission to submit entries so I can have a look at the page?

"Tigga"

Now has the access needed.
    EdFig

Gaming Community

It seems to be displaying just fine for me... Is the only issue the fact that it's listed below the message and keywords? If so, edit that custom field through the Admin CP and make sure that you have the 'Submit Entry Position' option set to 'Above Message'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It seems to be displaying just fine for me... Is the only issue the fact that it's listed below the message and keywords? If so, edit that custom field through the Admin CP and make sure that you have the 'Submit Entry Position' option set to 'Above Message'.

HAH!! I feel so silly... The "Above Message" was the issue... Didn't reralize I changed that.

Well, now I know what that option was meant for.

Thanks for taking the time to help.
    EdFig

Gaming Community

No problem at all. Sorry I didn't mention that in the first place, but it sounded to me more like there was some type of problem in the code where a custom field wasn't being processed properly, which I would have needed to see in order to sort out. Either way, glad it was an easy fix.

Thread Information