Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

  1. #1
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,433

    Default vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    vBadvanced is proud to announce the release of vBadvanced Dynamics v1.0.0 ("Gold"). We are confident that the number of remaining bugs should be minimal enough to warrant the "Gold" release and that the product is very stable now. Current license holders can find the new version in the Members' Area here.
    For those who are not familiar with vBa Dynamics, please see the product info page for more details.


    New Features & Options
    • AJAX Favorites & Subscriptions - Adding an entry to your favorites or subscribing to an entry or category is now handled with AJAX. Instead of reloading the page after clicking one of these links, the request is sent via javascript and then a message popped up confirming that the action was successful.
    • The "Stats" section from the homepage has been converted into a module instead so it can be used on any page. Because of this, the "Show Stats" setting has been removed from the Admin CP and the module enabled by default instead.
    • New "Recent Comments" module added showing the most recent comments made.
    • Support for the [attach] tag within entries has been added.
    • New options to allow you to change the date format in the date select boxes on the Submit Entry page (Entry Date and Automatically Publish On sections) between m-d-y and d-m-y format, as well as an option to change the time between 12 and 24 hour formats.
    • User ranks are now shown with replies to entries.
    • When first installing, there is now a quick configuration section allowing you to choose between some of the more popular uses (blog, articles, and file sharing) which will help to pre-configure the most important settings for use with that type of application.
    • Ability for members to change the title and description for their sub-category in a category marked as a "Members' Category".
    • Additional AJAX functions added to the "Submit Entry" page to allow for the smile box and [img] button to be hidden/revealed when changing between categories that allow for these.
    • When editing module layouts on the user side, there is now a checkbox allowing members to reset their layout for that page to the default that is set in the Admin CP.
    • New Admin CP options to allow an admin to reset the layout for all users.
    • New option to allow for new entries to add to users post counts.
    • Checkboxes have been added in the Quick Reply box and regular "New Reply" page that will allow a member to subscribe to an entry / add it to their favorites when replying.
    • Option to allow users to select a style with user created categories.
    • Option to allow sub-categories to also be included when subscribing to a category via RSS.
    • Option added to allow for signatures to be displayed in entries.
    • The birthday section of the "About Me" has been improved to allow the birth year the year to be hidden, and support for showing only a members age has been added for members who have those settings selected in their User CP.
    • New maintenance tool to rebuild attachment thumbnails.
    • New plugin added to the 'global_start' hook location to handle header replacements.
    • The "Submit Entry" page has been added to the list of pages in the "Edit Module Layouts" link, allowing you to enable modules on this page.
    • The vba_dyna_ajax_entryrate.js file has been renamed to vba_dyna_ajax_global.js since this file now contains all of the javascript dealing with ratings, subscriptions, and favorites.
    • xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" tag added to all appropriate templates to comply with new XHTML standards.
    • New Spider Friendly URL options to allow you to use a custom phrase in the URL for entries and categories instead of the category's and entry's title (mostly useful for those with non-Latin languages).
    • SEO URL's for each category is now stored in the category cache to avoid having to process those for each category on the user side and conserve server resources.
    • New hooks added in the includes/vba_dyna_functions_saveentry.php file.
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_errors
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfieldbits_start
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfieldbits_loop
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfields_sql_loop
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_rate_entry
    • New maintenance option to allow you to rebuild usernames in vBa Dynamics (useful after changing a members' username.
    • All currently known bugs and issues have been fixed.


    Files Changed Since v1.0 RC2
    • dynamics\clientscript\vba_dyna_ajax_addentry.js
    • dynamics\ajax.php
    • dynamics\browsecategory.php
    • dynamics\dyna_global.php
    • dynamics\external.php
    • dynamics\guestbook.php
    • dynamics\index.php
    • dynamics\managecats.php
    • dynamics\misc.php
    • dynamics\moderate.php
    • dynamics\module.php
    • dynamics\newattachment.php
    • dynamics\newentry.php
    • dynamics\newreply.php
    • dynamics\search.php
    • dynamics\showentry.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_categories.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_main.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_maintenance.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_modules.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_permissions.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_phrases.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_settings.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_templates.php
    • forum\clientscript\vba_dyna_admin.js
    • forum\includes\cron\vba_dyna_subscr.php
    • forum\includes\xml\cpnav_vbadyna.xml
    • forum\includes\xml\hooks_vbadyna.xml
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_adminfunctions.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_class.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_class_image.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_error.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_cats.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_modules.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_posting.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_savecat.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_saveentry.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_include_modules.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_plugin_sf.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_aboutme.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_categories.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_featured.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_guestbook.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_mybuddies.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_myfavorites.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_mylinks.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_newrand.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_search.php


    New Files Since v1.0 RC2
    • dynamics\clientscript\vba_dyna_global.js
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_plugin_pt.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_newposts.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_stats.php


    Templates Changed Since v1.0 RC2:
    • ADV_DYNA
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT
    • adv_dyna_add_edit_custombits
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT_MODULE
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT_MULTIPAGE
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_START
    • ADV_DYNA_ATTACHMANAGER
    • ADV_DYNA_BROWSECATEGORY
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_level1
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_level2
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_main
    • ADV_DYNA_CATMANAGER
    • ADV_DYNA_CATMANAGER_ADDEDIT
    • adv_dyna_catmanager_categorybits
    • ADV_DYNA_CONFORMATION
    • adv_dyna_editmodules_inactive
    • adv_dyna_entrybit_expanded
    • ADV_DYNA_GUESTBOOK
    • adv_dyna_guestbook_noreplies
    • ADV_DYNA_GUESTBOOK_REPLY
    • ADV_DYNA_MODERATE
    • adv_dyna_moderate_entrybits
    • ADV_DYNA_MODERATE_VIEWPOSTS
    • adv_dyna_module_aboutme
    • adv_dyna_module_guestbook_footer
    • adv_dyna_module_wrapper
    • ADV_DYNA_MYSTUFF
    • adv_dyna_newattachment_ftpbit
    • ADV_DYNA_PRINTER_FRIENDLY
    • ADV_DYNA_REPLY
    • ADV_DYNA_REPORT
    • ADV_DYNA_SEARCH
    • ADV_DYNA_SENDTOFRIEND
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWENTRY
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWENTRY_RATINGS
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWPOST


    New Templates Since v1.0 RC2:
    • adv_dyna_module_newpostbit
      adv_dyna_module_stats




    Upgrading
    As usual, upgrade instructions may be found at the bottom of the readme.html file that comes with the download package.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator KW802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A galaxy far, far away...
    Posts
    6,606

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Very cool.

    (And I recognize at least one feature I recommend made the list! )

  3. #3

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    hummm another nice production!

    I am wondering since I just got the cmps done on a site for my daughter with X-Mas and the announcement that the beta for 3.7 is going to be released will this work with the custom profile on that? I believe that they are going to release it Monday UK time which shouldn't be too long from now of course I don't know too much.

  4. #4
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,433

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    At this point we have no idea if our products will fully work with 3.7. We have to wait until it's released before we can test things out.

  5. #5
    Senior Member neverstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Congrats Brian... I've been racking my brain trying to think of a new project so I can use dynamics. Your products really are are top shelf.

    Hopefully making your products work with 3.7 wont be too much of a hassle for you.

    Cheers,
    Ian

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Great News!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    359

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Last edited by deathemperor; 05-21-2008 at 12:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    741

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    I am sure that everebody can see all the hard work invested in this very nice product.
    And the best is that the code standard is at the same level as core vbulletin code, i.e. it is fast and secure.

  9. #9

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Brian you ROCK!

    thank you!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    3.7 is out. Going to field test it
    ManagerJosh
    Director of Operations, WorldSims.org
    Gaming Hosting Director, SimGames.net

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Hello,

    I got vBadvanced Dynamics v1.0 RC2, If I upgrade to GOLD, will I still have my old articles?

    Thank you,
    Vinoth.

  12. #12
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,433

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Upgrading will not remove any of your articles or anything like that, so yes, they will still be there.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Very nice, Brian! Thank you!

    Rebecca

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    this is an outstanding product. thank you!!!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    How do I install?

    My site is www.pesforum.co.uk and im unsure what version of vbadvanced I have...

  16. #16

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    vBadvanced is proud to announce the release of vBadvanced Dynamics v1.0.0 ("Gold"). We are confident that the number of remaining bugs should be minimal enough to warrant the "Gold" release and that the product is very stable now. Current license holders can find the new version in the Members' Area here.
    For those who are not familiar with vBa Dynamics, please see the product info page for more details.


    New Features & Options
    • AJAX Favorites & Subscriptions - Adding an entry to your favorites or subscribing to an entry or category is now handled with AJAX. Instead of reloading the page after clicking one of these links, the request is sent via javascript and then a message popped up confirming that the action was successful.
    • The "Stats" section from the homepage has been converted into a module instead so it can be used on any page. Because of this, the "Show Stats" setting has been removed from the Admin CP and the module enabled by default instead.
    • New "Recent Comments" module added showing the most recent comments made.
    • Support for the [attach] tag within entries has been added.
    • New options to allow you to change the date format in the date select boxes on the Submit Entry page (Entry Date and Automatically Publish On sections) between m-d-y and d-m-y format, as well as an option to change the time between 12 and 24 hour formats.
    • User ranks are now shown with replies to entries.
    • When first installing, there is now a quick configuration section allowing you to choose between some of the more popular uses (blog, articles, and file sharing) which will help to pre-configure the most important settings for use with that type of application.
    • Ability for members to change the title and description for their sub-category in a category marked as a "Members' Category".
    • Additional AJAX functions added to the "Submit Entry" page to allow for the smile box and [img] button to be hidden/revealed when changing between categories that allow for these.
    • When editing module layouts on the user side, there is now a checkbox allowing members to reset their layout for that page to the default that is set in the Admin CP.
    • New Admin CP options to allow an admin to reset the layout for all users.
    • New option to allow for new entries to add to users post counts.
    • Checkboxes have been added in the Quick Reply box and regular "New Reply" page that will allow a member to subscribe to an entry / add it to their favorites when replying.
    • Option to allow users to select a style with user created categories.
    • Option to allow sub-categories to also be included when subscribing to a category via RSS.
    • Option added to allow for signatures to be displayed in entries.
    • The birthday section of the "About Me" has been improved to allow the birth year the year to be hidden, and support for showing only a members age has been added for members who have those settings selected in their User CP.
    • New maintenance tool to rebuild attachment thumbnails.
    • New plugin added to the 'global_start' hook location to handle header replacements.
    • The "Submit Entry" page has been added to the list of pages in the "Edit Module Layouts" link, allowing you to enable modules on this page.
    • The vba_dyna_ajax_entryrate.js file has been renamed to vba_dyna_ajax_global.js since this file now contains all of the javascript dealing with ratings, subscriptions, and favorites.
    • xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" tag added to all appropriate templates to comply with new XHTML standards.
    • New Spider Friendly URL options to allow you to use a custom phrase in the URL for entries and categories instead of the category's and entry's title (mostly useful for those with non-Latin languages).
    • SEO URL's for each category is now stored in the category cache to avoid having to process those for each category on the user side and conserve server resources.
    • New hooks added in the includes/vba_dyna_functions_saveentry.php file.
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_errors
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfieldbits_start
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfieldbits_loop
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_cfields_sql_loop
      vba_dyna_functions_saveentry_rate_entry
    • New maintenance option to allow you to rebuild usernames in vBa Dynamics (useful after changing a members' username.
    • All currently known bugs and issues have been fixed.


    Files Changed Since v1.0 RC2
    • dynamics\clientscript\vba_dyna_ajax_addentry.js
    • dynamics\ajax.php
    • dynamics\browsecategory.php
    • dynamics\dyna_global.php
    • dynamics\external.php
    • dynamics\guestbook.php
    • dynamics\index.php
    • dynamics\managecats.php
    • dynamics\misc.php
    • dynamics\moderate.php
    • dynamics\module.php
    • dynamics\newattachment.php
    • dynamics\newentry.php
    • dynamics\newreply.php
    • dynamics\search.php
    • dynamics\showentry.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_categories.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_main.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_maintenance.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_modules.php
    • forum\admincp\vba_dyna_admin_permissions.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_phrases.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_settings.php
    • forum\admincp\vbadyna_install_templates.php
    • forum\clientscript\vba_dyna_admin.js
    • forum\includes\cron\vba_dyna_subscr.php
    • forum\includes\xml\cpnav_vbadyna.xml
    • forum\includes\xml\hooks_vbadyna.xml
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_adminfunctions.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_class.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_class_image.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_error.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_cats.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_modules.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_posting.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_savecat.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_functions_saveentry.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_include_modules.php
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_plugin_sf.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_aboutme.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_categories.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_featured.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_guestbook.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_mybuddies.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_myfavorites.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_mylinks.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_newrand.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_search.php


    New Files Since v1.0 RC2
    • dynamics\clientscript\vba_dyna_global.js
    • forum\includes\vba_dyna_plugin_pt.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_newposts.php
    • forum\vba_dyna_modules\dyna_stats.php


    Templates Changed Since v1.0 RC2:
    • ADV_DYNA
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT
    • adv_dyna_add_edit_custombits
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT_MODULE
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT_MULTIPAGE
    • ADV_DYNA_ADD_START
    • ADV_DYNA_ATTACHMANAGER
    • ADV_DYNA_BROWSECATEGORY
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_level1
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_level2
    • adv_dyna_categorybit_main
    • ADV_DYNA_CATMANAGER
    • ADV_DYNA_CATMANAGER_ADDEDIT
    • adv_dyna_catmanager_categorybits
    • ADV_DYNA_CONFORMATION
    • adv_dyna_editmodules_inactive
    • adv_dyna_entrybit_expanded
    • ADV_DYNA_GUESTBOOK
    • adv_dyna_guestbook_noreplies
    • ADV_DYNA_GUESTBOOK_REPLY
    • ADV_DYNA_MODERATE
    • adv_dyna_moderate_entrybits
    • ADV_DYNA_MODERATE_VIEWPOSTS
    • adv_dyna_module_aboutme
    • adv_dyna_module_guestbook_footer
    • adv_dyna_module_wrapper
    • ADV_DYNA_MYSTUFF
    • adv_dyna_newattachment_ftpbit
    • ADV_DYNA_PRINTER_FRIENDLY
    • ADV_DYNA_REPLY
    • ADV_DYNA_REPORT
    • ADV_DYNA_SEARCH
    • ADV_DYNA_SENDTOFRIEND
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWENTRY
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWENTRY_RATINGS
    • ADV_DYNA_SHOWPOST


    New Templates Since v1.0 RC2:
    • adv_dyna_module_newpostbit
      adv_dyna_module_stats




    Upgrading
    As usual, upgrade instructions may be found at the bottom of the readme.html file that comes with the download package.
    thenks uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

  17. #17
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,433

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by x YNWA x View Post
    How do I install?

    My site is www.pesforum.co.uk and im unsure what version of vbadvanced I have...
    vBadvanced Dynamics is a different product than the CMPS, so the first step would be to purchase a license. Please see this page for more info on the product.

  18. #18

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    I have Dynamics RC2 installed .
    How would I just update this to gold?

  19. #19
    Administrator Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    34,433

    Default Re: vBa Dynamics v1.0.0 (gold) Released!

    There are full instructions for upgrading located in the readme.html file that comes with the download package.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance4Today View Post
    hummm another nice production!

    I am wondering since I just got the cmps done on a site for my daughter with X-Mas and the announcement that the beta for 3.7 is going to be released will this work with the custom profile on that? I believe that they are going to release it Monday UK time which shouldn't be too long from now of course I don't know too much.
    Hi I wonder if anyone know where can I find a free demo of the beta for 3.7?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. vBa Dynamics v1.0 RC2 Released!
    By Brian in forum Announcements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
  2. Order of install when 3.5 Gold released.
    By disco4me in forum "How Do I..." Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 01:29 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
  4. vBa Links Directory 1.0.0 (Gold) Released
    By Brian in forum Announcements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 04:16 AM
  5. vBadvanced CMPS 1.0.0 (Gold) Released!
    By Brian in forum Announcements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •