vBadvanced is proud to announce the release of vBadvanced Dynamics v1.0.0 ("Gold"). We are confident that the number of remaining bugs should be minimal enough to warrant the "Gold" release and that the product is very stable now. Current license holders can find the new version in the Members' Area here.
For those who are not familiar with vBa Dynamics, please see the product info page for more details.
New Features & Options
- The "Stats" section from the homepage has been converted into a module instead so it can be used on any page. Because of this, the "Show Stats" setting has been removed from the Admin CP and the module enabled by default instead.
- New "Recent Comments" module added showing the most recent comments made.
- Support for the [attach] tag within entries has been added.
- New options to allow you to change the date format in the date select boxes on the Submit Entry page (Entry Date and Automatically Publish On sections) between m-d-y and d-m-y format, as well as an option to change the time between 12 and 24 hour formats.
- User ranks are now shown with replies to entries.
- When first installing, there is now a quick configuration section allowing you to choose between some of the more popular uses (blog, articles, and file sharing) which will help to pre-configure the most important settings for use with that type of application.
- Ability for members to change the title and description for their sub-category in a category marked as a "Members' Category".
- Additional AJAX functions added to the "Submit Entry" page to allow for the smile box and [img] button to be hidden/revealed when changing between categories that allow for these.
- When editing module layouts on the user side, there is now a checkbox allowing members to reset their layout for that page to the default that is set in the Admin CP.
- New Admin CP options to allow an admin to reset the layout for all users.
- New option to allow for new entries to add to users post counts.
- Checkboxes have been added in the Quick Reply box and regular "New Reply" page that will allow a member to subscribe to an entry / add it to their favorites when replying.
- Option to allow users to select a style with user created categories.
- Option to allow sub-categories to also be included when subscribing to a category via RSS.
- Option added to allow for signatures to be displayed in entries.
- The birthday section of the "About Me" has been improved to allow the birth year the year to be hidden, and support for showing only a members age has been added for members who have those settings selected in their User CP.
- New maintenance tool to rebuild attachment thumbnails.
- New plugin added to the 'global_start' hook location to handle header replacements.
- The "Submit Entry" page has been added to the list of pages in the "Edit Module Layouts" link, allowing you to enable modules on this page.
- xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" tag added to all appropriate templates to comply with new XHTML standards.
- New Spider Friendly URL options to allow you to use a custom phrase in the URL for entries and categories instead of the category's and entry's title (mostly useful for those with non-Latin languages).
- SEO URL's for each category is now stored in the category cache to avoid having to process those for each category on the user side and conserve server resources.
- New hooks added in the includes/vba_dyna_functions_saveentry.php file.
- New maintenance option to allow you to rebuild usernames in vBa Dynamics (useful after changing a members' username.
- All currently known bugs and issues have been fixed.
Files Changed Since v1.0 RC2
New Files Since v1.0 RC2
Templates Changed Since v1.0 RC2:
New Templates Since v1.0 RC2:
As usual, upgrade instructions may be found at the bottom of the readme.html file that comes with the download package.