Thread: News Module Permission Problems

Default News Module Permission Problems

I have a few problems/questions:

1) My News Module won't show up for any user group other than administrators. I have the settings all set up in the admin CP for the news module to show up for every user group except Banned Users, but it still doesn't show. How can I fix this?

2) Also, how can I have it so all the news stories are all collapsed by default upon first view?

3) Does anyone know of any module for vB 3.6.x/vB CMPS 3 to show subscribed forums?

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: News Module Permission Problems

1). Do normal members have permission to view the forums/threads that you're displaying for news?

2). You would just need to edit the news module through the Admin CP and turn on the 'Collapse Module by Default' setting.

3). Not that I'm aware of, but it wouldn't hurt to search the hacks and add-on modules forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    1). Do normal members have permission to view the forums/threads that you're displaying for news?

2). You would just need to edit the news module through the Admin CP and turn on the 'Collapse Module by Default' setting.

3). Not that I'm aware of, but it wouldn't hurt to search the hacks and add-on modules forums here.
    1) Ah, that solved it. I had the forum in a section that was disabled for everyone except staff.

2) Still didn't work. I have Enable Collapsible Modules enabled, and tried the site in another browser that doesn't have any cookies stored, and it's still expanded. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

It looks like there was a small issue in the modules/news.php file that was preventing the collapse option from working properly. I've just applied the fix to the download package here though, so if you'll download the files from here again and replace your modules/news.php file with the updated version, that should take care of the issue.

Ah, thank you very much Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It looks like there was a small issue in the modules/news.php file that was preventing the collapse option from working properly. I've just applied the fix to the download package here though, so if you'll download the files from here again and replace your modules/news.php file with the updated version, that should take care of the issue.
    I know this is a dumb question, but can you direct me to there this fixed is at. I've been looking all over to download it but can't find it. Thanks in advanced...

Download the cmps package and upload it again.

Thread Information