Thread: Errors: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in

Hybrid View

Exclamation Errors: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in

I noticed another thread here with this error, but that seemed to be related to integrations. Since I have gone to the extent of removing and reinstalling CMPS and no longer have any integrations, I don't think it's the same problem.

On my CMPS index I get the following at the top:
    Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 87

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 92
    In addition, each new page that I create does not save it's 'type'. When viewing the page overview, the type box is empty... Although my default index page (installed by the installer) does have a type.

When editing these typeless custom pages, I am always told that I cannot create a page with the same identifier - but I am editing and not creating.

I cannot remember exactly when this started, as I have spent some time trying to fix it myself. If I recall correctly, it was around the time I upgraded to vB 3.7. I don't think it was when I upgraded to the 3.7 compliant version, and I upgraded to RC2 when it was first released.

Regardless, I downgraded to RC1 and applied the fix to allow it to work with 3.7 and the errors were still there. I have now upgraded again to the RC2 3.7 compliant version.

I tried disabling all my installed hacks, but the error persisted. They are now turned back on.

When I Google the error it seems people get it with lots of other PHP scripts, and people usually point the finger at PHP5. But I am no expert, and am at your mercy.

Many thanks to Zach for his hours spent trying to fix it with me. And thanks to anyone who can shed some light on the matter.

Default Re: Errors: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an arra

If you're getting the error about the page identifier, then it sounds like your server is not allowing enough POST data to be submitted through forms. That could also easily cause the array_merge() errors you mentioned since not all of the data is being saved. If you contact your host and let them know about the issue they should be able to help you out.

Default Re: Errors: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an arra

I'll give them a tinkle, although I don't receive the error on any other area of the site and I have many hacks installed.

If you'd like to verify things...

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/atta...3&d=1187730315

Upload that file to your server (doesn't matter where), go to it in your browser, submit the form, and see what the last number printed on the page is. If it's less than 499, then that confirms that your host isn't allowing enough post data to be sent.

Hi Brian, sorry I didn't get a chance to update you - it's been a busy week and my online time has been sparse.

Anyway, the testfile.php proved your point, it only gets to around 198 or so... It made me realise this is probably the cause of another vB issue I have (deleting multiple threads or posts timing out, every time).

I got onto the host and they seemed interested, but couldn't do much for me, as they didn't have a copy of vB to test CMPS with themselves.

But alas, the plot thickens. I just installed Gold, and the errors no longer exist. A very pleasing, but confusing ending!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by FleaBag; 02-08-2008 at 07:27 PM.

If you let your host know that it's the Suhosin PHP module/extension/whatever, then that should point them in the right direction. I can never remember the name of it or I would have posted it in the first place, but found it with a quick search.

Appreciated; I'll let them know and see if they can fix my moderation issue.

It took them almost a month to respond to my support ticket and they have refused to make the change. I guess it's time to move to a new host!

Thread Information