Thread: Very Simple Mp3 player

Default Very Simple Mp3 player

i did not make the flash file so support is limited. ive tested it in IE7 and FF. this is a very simple and clean xml drivin mp3 player.

you can see it here. i placed it in the bottom of my stats module.

DEMO www.rochesterhotspot.com

install instructions

FIRST

download attached zip and unzip on your pc. in the mp3 folder you will 2 files. mp3player.swf and trackinfo.xml, you must upload these in the same directory as your cmps_index.php file (most renamed this file to index.php when installed vbadvanced) this will not work if you dont upload the attached files in the same directory that your vbadvanced index.php is.

example if you installed vbulletin in "forum" folder and vbadvanced in root your files should look like this..

PUBLIC_HTML FOLDER or root
    -cmps_index.php or index.php (renamed) <~ we need our new files in same folder as this one
    -mp3player.swf
    -trackinfo.xml
    FORUM FOLDER
    -all your vbulletin files (there is a index.php in this folder, this is your vb forum index.. wrong one)

SECOND

open up trackinfo xml in cpanal or your ftp.. inside the file the first line says somthing like..

Code:
    <tracks autoplay="Y" startvolumelevel="50">
    by default its set to play when your page is opened. if you wish to not have it play automaticaly change the Y to N.. simple so far

underneath this you will see 10 lines that are somthing like this

Code:
    <track name="track 1" path="track1.mp3" repeatcount="99" />
    i used full paths starting w/ http to the mp3 files.. if you do not use all 10 lines remove the lines your not using. if you want the tracks to loop change 99 to 1...ok we can save this file and move on.

THIRD

We need to add this to a template. again i added mine to the bottom of my stats module.

admin cp > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > in the drop down choose "EDIT TEMPLATES"

expand vbadvanved cmps templates and open advanced_portal_stats

at the very bottom add

Code:
    <tr>
    <td class="$bgclass" align="center">
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="93" height="23">
        <param name="movie" value="mp3player.swf">
        <param name="quality" value="high">
    	<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#151515>
        <embed src="mp3player.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#151515" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="93" height="23"></embed>
      </object>
    </td>
    </tr>
    now in my above code notice the #151515 (twice) that is my alt2 css. for my style. you need to change these to match your style or you will have a dark background to your buttons.

optional.. if you want a header above the media player add this to beginning of code above..

Code:
     <tr>
    <td class="thead">Media Player</td>
    </tr>
    save!

HINT
    when u make changes to this hack you will need to clear your cookies to show new changes like adding new songs. somtimes restarting IE worked and somtimes if you hold ctrl and F5 down at the same time it reloads and works.

good luck.. check out my photo album in the middle "foxy kahlua".. thumbnails that have dynamic pages and i added lightbox to open images. if there is enough interest i mught release the instructions on that too.

im using this on 3.7.beta4 and 3.0 rc2..should work on all versions. sorry if i was too step by step. i dont get on here offen and wanted to be precise for the new vbadvanced users.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StuntFactoryX; 02-16-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Default Re: Very Simple Mp3 player

Excellent mate,i'll give it a shot.

Only thing i noticed it took ages to load.Don't know if that was just my comp or it normally does that.

i think it depends on your pc. i noticed that after i pick up a few cookies it loads extreamly fast. other times it was a little slow but i also had 50 windows open and my computer was lagging every where. might also be my server as the mp3 is hosted there. i needed a mp3 player for this site and i played w/ tones of options. i choose the xml driven player vrs. one that pulls directly from the mp3 file cuz it seemed to make the page stick until the mp3 fully loads.

i will definatly be looking for feedback on this. in not a big flash guy and dont understand it internaly. if you click on the arrows i have 3 mp3s linked to it.
    Last edited by StuntFactoryX; 02-16-2008 at 08:10 AM.

I'll try it shortly dude.

I'm not sure how you add you music tho?

I can't get my song to play

in the xml you will see a bunch of lines like this

Code:
    <track name="track 1" path="track1.mp3" repeatcount="99" />
    upload your mp3 on your server and edit the path in the quotes.. to

http://www.mydomain.com/song.mp3

ahhh i was taking it direct from a site,i'll try it again and get back to you. Thanks.

Edit: It works,perfect mate.Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Lombardo; 02-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.

great... thanks!

Does this play multiple tracks? Is it working on anyone's site for a demo?

@StuntFactoryX

Part of the embed code is slightly missing and will cause DHTML menus to fall behind the Mp3 Player. This is a problem with vBulletin and the Search and Quick Links dropdown menus. Here's the code and where it should be placed.

After:
    Code:
    Add:
    Code:
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">

I could never get this to skip past the first song. It will not load

Quote Originally Posted by syrus.xl View Post
    @StuntFactoryX

Part of the embed code is slightly missing and will cause DHTML menus to fall behind the Mp3 Player. This is a problem with vBulletin and the Search and Quick Links dropdown menus. Here's the code and where it should be placed.

After:
    Code:
    Add:
    Code:
    Actually your code correction is still missing one needed addition. Here is the full correct code you will need to make your flash transparent so menus will not show under the flash. You must add code in two places marked in Red.

Code:
    <tr>
    <td class="$bgclass" align="center">
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="93" height="23">
        <param name="movie" value="mp3player.swf">
        <param name=bgcolor value=#151515>
        <embed src="mp3player.swf" quality="high" wmode=transparent bgcolor="#151515" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="93" height="23"></embed>
      </object>
    </td>
    </tr>
    Kamikage

Thread Information