Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: CMPS Module - New/Random Entries (updated for v1.0.0)

** IGNORE POST - I read back through some of the preivous pages and discovered that this module isnt' needed with 1.2.0, so I'll just remove it and try the included features of the new vbA

Can anybody confirm if this module should work with vbAdvaned Dynamics version 1.2.0, and CMPS 3.2.0? We've been trying to activate this module in CMPS, but we're having one hell of a time getting the module to work. So far it's just breaking our homepage.

To start, the module installs itself as "temp", and by default doesn't point to a valid template. It's trying to load "adv_portal_temp", and I can edit the "temp" part, but the "adv_portal" seems locked. The templates other posters in this tread refer to don't seem to exist for me

Also, we use multiple instances, and the setting 'Dynamics Instance Prefix' refered to in the instructions doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

And no matter what I've tried, I can't get the page to not crash when the module is activated

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by BigCat; 06-24-2009 at 11:27 AM.

The module probably will not still work with v1.2/3.2. There's really no need for this module anymore if you're running the latest versions. Just go to Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Add Module => vBa Dynamics Module, and you can now select any Dynamics module you would like and import it to the CMPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The module probably will not still work with v1.2/3.2. There's really no need for this module anymore if you're running the latest versions. Just go to Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Add Module => vBa Dynamics Module, and you can now select any Dynamics module you would like and import it to the CMPS.
    Brian ... sorry for the noobish question ... but what if I have multi installs of Dyna? how do I get it to pull entries from only one of the installs?

When you go to the Add Module => vBa Dynamics Module link in your Admin CP, you will see all of your modules listed and grouped under the different instances. So just make sure you select the module from the correct instance and you will only see entries from that instance.

Hi Brian I was just wondering what you did last time to get it to show up on my cmps page.

I understood about just using the import module function you added as I did that.

Also do I have to use the XML File here with it, as maybe that is why it is not displaying properly on the cmps page.

I know you did something the last time but you never said what that was.
    Team Colleagues | Staff Writers| Moderation Team

No, you shouldn't need the .xml file from here or anything else... If you've already imported the vBa Dynamics module then the only other thing you should need to do is edit the CMPS page(s) you want it shown on and enable it.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

No, you shouldn't need the .xml file from here or anything else... If you've already imported the vBa Dynamics module then the only other thing you should need to do is edit the CMPS page(s) you want it shown on and enable it.
    Thanks as I enabled it but it seems not to display correctly bro.

Attached a screen shot
    Last edited by dholt; 08-10-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Brian do you understand why it is not displaying properly. as it displays fine in Dyna but not on the cms page.

I thought you said you updated the downloads with the new fix when we talked a while back but for some reason it is displaying the same as it did before.

I was just about to ask about your attachment, but I see you've fixed it since.

Looks like you just need to edit that module (the CMPS version) and disable the 'Enable Dynamic Template Resizing' setting. Dynamics has some code within it to try and figure out the column widths and make that setting work, but the CMPS does not have the same code so the code within the module basically thinks the column is 0 pixesl and tells it to use the lean template.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

wow! that was such a easy fix. Thank you so much.

When you go to the Add Module => vBa Dynamics Module link in your Admin CP, you will see all of your modules listed and grouped under the different instances. So just make sure you select the module from the correct instance and you will only see entries from that instance.
    When I do this I am getting a database error. It looks like it will work, but when I click to edit the module, or edit the page, or edit modules that were working, it gives me a db error.
    Any idea what I've done wrong?

Can you post the full db error here?
    CMPS Users Manual

Here's the error:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.8.2:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT  administrator.*,
                            userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
                            IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
                            language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
                            language.phrasegroup_posting AS phrasegroup_posting,
                            language.phrasegroup_adv_portal_cp AS phrasegroup_adv_portal_cp,
                            language.phrasegroup_cpglobal AS phrasegroup_cpglobal,
                            language.phrasegroup_adv_dyna AS phrasegroup_adv_dyna,
                            language.phrasegroup_adv_dyna_cp AS phrasegroup_adv_dyna_cp,
                            language.options AS lang_options,
                            language.languagecode AS lang_code,
                            language.charset AS lang_charset,
                            language.locale AS lang_locale,
                            language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
                            language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
                            language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
                            language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
                            language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
                            language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
                            language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
                            language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
                            language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep

FROM vB36_user AS user
                    LEFT JOIN vB36_userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
                   LEFT JOIN vB36_usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN vB36_administrator AS administrator ON (administrator.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN vB36_language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 1;

MySQL Error   : Unknown column 'language.phrasegroup_adv_dyna' in 'field list'
    Error Number  : 1054
    Request Date  : Friday, November 6th 2009 @ 08:35:14 PM
    Error Date    : Friday, November 6th 2009 @ 08:35:14 PM
    Script        : http://www.MySite.com/forum/admincp/...tpage&pageid=1
    Referrer      : http://www.MySite.com/forum/admincp/...p?do=listpages
    IP Address    : 999.99.999.99
    Username      :
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

Did you by chance uninstall your primary instance of vBa Dynamics? The error message indicates that the adv_dyna phrase group is missing, though it should be there unless you've uninstalled the primary instance. If that's the case then I'd recommend re-installing the primary instance even if you don't have a use for it right now. The CMPS will grab setting and other phrases from your primary instance when vBa Dynamics modules are being used since the phrasegroups in the Admin CP need to be called before the modules are processed.
    CMPS Users Manual

Yup, that's what happened.
    I had several instances, and I deleted the primary one.
    I'll reinstall it and let you know if that fixes the issue.
    Maybe that's the same issue here: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...888#post179888 ??

Hi Brian,
    You are a genius.
    That was the issue, I deleted the primary install.
    I re-installed it and both issues are now resolved.
    Sorry for the confusion I created.
    Thank you for the help

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information