Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CMPS Module - New/Random Entries (updated for v1.0.0)

There it is! Thanks Brian.

i want to add another whats new or random entries for another instance for vba dyna
    i use this hack for the first one
    and need another block with the same feature for another instance
    can be done or should i modify some codes in this module?

ok it is done
    but how to make 2 instant vba dyna , show in one block in center and every one of them has its showing entries

how to make the modules work in center block as this :
    |___1___|
    |_2_|_3_|
    |_4_|_5_|

Well: i added this code:

$datastore_fetch[] = "adv_dyna_attach'";

to my plugin: vBa Dynamics CMPS Module (Special Templates)

But as you see the code has an error, it need an inicial '

Now my site is all down cause i have the error:

SELECT *
    FROM vb_datastore
    WHERE title IN ('adv_dyna_rand','adv_dyna_cats','adv_dyna_perms','adv_dyna_opts',adv_dyna_attac h');

Even i deleted the code from the plugin the error is there yet.

I wrote an support ticket but i have an emergency.

Somebody can help me?! Thank you.

Solved:

disable the plugins : adding this line to your includes/config.php file : define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

load ADMINCP

Search the plugin with the problem and save it again.

Delete the line define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in includes/config.php

Ready

When using this module with multiple instances the modules (I made copies) work fine as long as I use the 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template' option 'yes'. When set to 'no' the modules show the correct information but they all link to the same content.

For instance - module 1 'Dynamics Instance Prefix' is adv_dyna and the content is correct as well as the links when set to 'yes' under the 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template' option. Link = http://www.xxxxx.com/clubs/showentry.php?e=6

Module 1 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template' = 'no' and content is correct but link now = http://www.xxxxx.com/docs/showentry.php?e=6

'docs' is another of my multiple instance installs. The module for 'docs' works correctly no matter what option I select under 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template'.

Also, another copy of this module exhibits almost the same behavior as the 'clubs' (original instance called 'adv_dyna') except it works fine when 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template' is set to 'no' as long as I have 'views' and 'icon' checked. As soon as I uncheck 'views' the link goes from 'http://www.xxxxx.com/reviews/showentry.php?e=2' to 'http://www.xxxxx.com/docs/showentry.php?e=2'

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

BTW - Disabling every plugin but the dynamics and cmps still gives the same error.

A little more info. I haven't been able to come to any conclusion on this. I set 'Use Expanded Entrybit Template' to yes on every module and deselected every option (except 'preview) in the 'Entry Bits Elements' and the links are still screwed up.

And if I also unselect 'preview' the this happens -
    Code:
    Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/includes/vba_dyna_functions.php on line 1287

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/includes/vba_dyna_functions.php on line 1287

Weird...
    Last edited by PhilMcKrackon; 08-09-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Well, after trying about every combination and reloading and deleting and reloading the modules I still can't come up with a reason why this is happening...

Thought anyone?

From what I understand, multiple instances don't fully work on the same page, only single instances. I believe Brian was trying to get it sorted a while back, but it never fully worked itself out.

I am still waiting for this as well, I'd like to have multiple CMPS pages, featuring multiple blocks from each instance (2 from instance 1, 1 from instance 2, 3 from instance 3, etc) all on one page. All using different entrybit layouts (lean, expanded, simple, etc).

Thanks for the update and reply.

Brian, is there something or somewhere I could start looking at the code to try and get multiple instances to work? See post #47.

Thanks,

Quick note for anyone who is having URL issues when using multiple copies of this module with multiple vBa Dynamics instances. Though I could have swore I added this before, one key part to the instructions was missing from this thread, which has now been added.

Also note that after uploading or copying the module for your secondary instance(s), you will need to edit the 'Templates Used' setting for the new module and replace anywhere you see 'adv_dyna' in the template names listed there with the instance prefix you are using. So for example, if you are using 'reviews' for your instance prefix, you would need to change a template named 'adv_dyna_entrybit' to 'reviews_entrybit'.

Thanks for the update Brian. It now works perfectly...

Thumbs up Adding category column to the simple entrybit form

Good morning everyone,

Hopefully this will help some people..

We had a requirement to add the [Category] column for all articles on this module, on the frontpage.

We are _not_ using the expanded entrybit template and therefore the display is very clear - however, the default behavior of this module is to _not_ show the category for each article.

So, we've found a way [thx Val! :-)] to simply 'force' the a certain variable to be populated and therefore the category column will show.. automagically.

In order to do that, add a new plugin [Plugins & Products] => [Add New Plugin] from the vB Admin CP.

Product: vBadvanced CMPS
    Hook Location: vba_dyna_modules_newrand_query
    Title: Show "Category" field in the homepage table from CMPS "What's new" module
    Execution order: 5

Plugin PHP Code:

$show['entrybit_category'] = true;
    $show['category'] = 'Category';

Plugin is Active = Yes

---

That's all, folks!

Brian.. now - one small issue with this [besides the fact that it's a small and dirty fix and would it be better to have an option in the module itself at the bottom/options check? :-)] - the links of those categories are not showing properly:

Correct: www.domainname.com/dyna_folder/category/..
    Incorrect: www.domainname.com/category/..

Currently they are showing the Incorrect version [yes, we use the SEO option as well :-)]

Any suggestions before drilling down too deep into the code? [vba_dyna variable is set in the portal output vars np].

Thanks!

Cheers,
    aproape

I'm getting the following error

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/includes/vba_dyna_functions.php on line 1311

I've just moved servers and everything was working fine before. Everything else is working fine now apart from this modue. I though it might be that the files path was wrong but can't find where you set it, Can you offer any advice?

Hi Brian, I was using this module on my front page, but it stopped working after installing the new Dynamics release. Will it work again if I reinstall it? Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Janfri View Post
    Hi Brian, I was using this module on my front page, but it stopped working after installing the new Dynamics release. Will it work again if I reinstall it? Thank you very much!
    A fix is posted in the announcement.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31853

Quote Originally Posted by PhilMcKrackon View Post
    A fix is posted in the announcement.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31853
    Thanks, Phil, I was just to lazy to read it until the end. It is working properly after replacing "fetch_private_categories" with "dyna_fetch_private_categories" in dyna_newrand_cmps.php. Sorry for my question and best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Janfri View Post
    Sorry for my question and best regards!
    No reason to be sorry... - It's all good!

I saw this module was updated, so I tried to use the new version after deleting the old version.

I still have the same problem, that no attachments are shown, there is also no option to chose showing attachments in admincp.

Furtheron now I don't have the choise anymore, which template I want to use (expanded or not), this option I had with the old version, but with the new version not anymore.

And I now have a new problem: As soon as I put the module into a center column, so that options like ratings are shown, none of the javascripts that should be used do work, all clicks at those links do nothing.

I am using it for the second instande of dynamics.

Are all these bugs normal and not fixed yet, or is this a special problem only at my website? Can I get some help with it?

larina

rezepte_entrybit_expanded is the template used for the module in expanded view, right?

This template also does not work for attachments at the dynamics main page, you see it here: http://www.feelinggood24.de/rezepte/ ... no attachments anymore, before the update of dynamics the attachments were shown.

Oh well, what can I do?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information