Thread: Last Link & Last Reply information remaining when link is deleted

Default Last Link & Last Reply information remaining when link is deleted

How does it come that when a link is deleted, the title of the link and a few other information remain in plain view in the Last Link and Last Reply columns ?
    Is it possible to also get rid of these information when you delete a link ?
    Thanks

How exactly are you deleting the link (inline moderation, the "edit" button", the mod tools menu)? Do you receive any errors or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    How exactly are you deleting the link (inline moderation, the "edit" button", the mod tools menu)? Do you receive any errors or anything like that?
    I check (the column right after last post replies and view), then I go right under to the moderation drop box where I chose select and action, option delete the link, then I do go.Then I chose Physically remove and delete the link. Once it is done the link is not any longer in the category but last post, replies and views keep giving the information like they used to, like if the link was still somewhere rather than deleted...
    Annoying.

when I click on the link name remaining in the "last link" column when I deleted the link, I go to a page that says No Link specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. If I click on the administrator, it goes to an error page (not found) that says : https://www.blabla.com/blabla/blabla/blabla/[ARG:2 UNDEFINED]

Just to be sure, you are running v3.0 RC1, right? I've just testing things locally again, but did not have any problems. If you're running a previous version, please upgrade and see if that helps. If not or if you're running RC1, please submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here and I will take a look at things for you.

Default Links still show after being deleted on Links home

Links still show after being deleted on Links home page. When I delete a link the process works fine but when I go back to the links home the link is still showing. When you click on the category its not their. Is their a fix?

www.Chatny.net/forum/links

Brian, I have the same issue than this guy http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30679
    Same symptoms, including the error page ([ARG:2 UNDEFINED]) when clicking on the "ghost" link and after clicking on administrator, number of replies still showing.
    BTW, I am using 3.0 RC1.
    Last edited by OmniBuzz; 07-29-2008 at 07:59 PM.

impatiently waiting for an answer

And the day after, still waiting for an answer. I understand that I am still within the 36 hours support delay, still it's a bit long when you have your boss on your back all day long asking when it will run "properly"

as we have exactly the same issue, please keep me informed if you found a solution or if you received some help. I will do likewise.

If not or if you're running RC1, please submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here and I will take a look at things for you.

Thanks I did just that a few hours ago, when can I expect your help ?

For anyone else who may be having a problem with this, it looks like there was a small issue preventing the categories from being updated if the link being deleted was the last one in the category. I have updated the forum/includes/vba_links_functions_savecat.php file to include the fix, so if you will download the files again and replace that file on your server with the updated version, that should take care of the issue.
    Also note that after updating the file, you can go to Admin CP => vBa Links Directory => Maintenance and use the 'Update Categories' tool there to correct any current categories that may be showing incorrect info.

I still have an issue (posted in members area yesterday) about the weird count numbers I get when I move a link in vbalinks...
    4,294,967,287 posts count seems a high number for one user, just because he moved a link in vbalinks
    Thanks in advance for having a look on this issue

After struggling with your product for more than a week (on the top of everything else, now test users cannot delete the links they created even when they have the proper rights), I decided to move on to something else. I will come back to your software once it is debugged.

Thread Information